What is the equivalent of a GF260 or Radeon 4870?

DeRuiter

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
Hi guys, looking for advice. I need a laptop that can run some old games, l4d2, anno 1404 and eq2. Eq2 needs a Nvidia GeForce 260/AMD Radeon HD 4870 or higher.

Does a Radeon R5 integrated suffice or what do I need to look for? Thanks for your answers!

jaguarskx

Champion
The Intel HD 620 is about as powerful as a nVidia 920m; probably about 85 - 90% of the 920m's performance. But actual performance depends on the specific game.

Compared to a desktop GPU, it is likely a bit more powerful than the Radeon HD 5670.

jaguarskx

Champion
No integrated GPU is as powerful as either one of those desktop GPUs. The integrated Radeon R5 GPU is especially weak; it is weaker than the Intel HD 4000 graphics core which came out back in 2012.

Best guess, those GPUs are somewhere in between a nVidia 940mx and nVidia GTX 950m. Likely a bit closer to the GTX 950m.

DeRuiter

Prominent
Aug 5, 2017
And the intel hd620? The laptop is just for browsing, open office, Netflix and those old games.

The eq2 engine depends more on the cpu I think.

jaguarskx

Champion
The Intel HD 620 is about as powerful as a nVidia 920m; probably about 85 - 90% of the 920m's performance. But actual performance depends on the specific game.

Compared to a desktop GPU, it is likely a bit more powerful than the Radeon HD 5670.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 1
L Laptop General Discussion 5
W Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 1
A Laptop General Discussion 2
AtomicSnipe Laptop General Discussion 10
V Laptop General Discussion 3
M Laptop General Discussion 1
W Laptop General Discussion 1
J Laptop General Discussion 2