Solved! What kind of speakers can I use for a old JVC receiver and CD player?

Dec 23, 2018
Old JVC receiver and CD Player is what I want to hook up to speakers. But, I do not want any thing bulky. Can I use a soundbar as speakers? Please help.
Thank you!

Soundbars are self-contained units and don't need no receiver to function. If u want to use the CD, then SB needs to have the proper inputs, either AUX-IN/LiNE-IN or Optical.

U mention no TV, but SB are primarily for TVs.

Discrete, passive speakers comes in all sizes, from PC-class, to bookshelf and beyond.

Soundbars are self-contained units and don't need no receiver to function. If u want to use the CD, then SB needs to have the proper inputs, either AUX-IN/LiNE-IN or Optical.

U mention no TV, but SB are primarily for TVs.

Discrete, passive speakers comes in all sizes, from PC-class, to bookshelf and beyond.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 3
JoeMB84 Audio 2
picasounds Audio 5
C Audio 1
Lloyd Colaco Audio 2
L Audio 3
A Audio 2
Z Audio 2
B Audio 7
C Audio 7
N Audio 1
B Audio 1
B Audio 4
JustGetOwned Audio 2
B Audio 1
H Audio 3
Z Audio 1
G Audio 1
eaglewatch Audio 4
G Audio 12
Similar threads
Solved! Turntable & receiver to wireless speaker?
Question How would I go about binding the wireless receiver to my creative gigaworks G550W progamer speakers?
Question Trying to Connect powered Mackie's to receiver.
Question Pairing Yamaha receiver with wireless speakers
Question Help me buy a BT receiver for my old Sony Speakers
Question Would a Kenwood receiver KR-4400 work with a pair of Bose 301 series ll speakers?
Question Right AV receiver for Sony Shake 6D Speakers
I have receiver 150 w pure channel at 8 ohms I have 2 speaker that have woofer 8ohms and midrange at 8 ohms and 2 tweeter at 4
Solved! Help troubleshooting why subwoofer isn't working through AV Receiver through optical, but is through other inputs
Connecting CD player without rca outputs to stereo receiver
How do I connect Samsung wireless speakers with Bluetooth to my xfinity cablebox, Pioneer receiver,Kenwood CD player,Samsung B
Hooked up an approx. 16 y/o Sony DVD to new Yamaha AV receiver and the AV isn't putting out sound
How to hook up old Receiver with TV, cable box, DVD player with sound from speakers/receiver
Connect TV to receiver
Need help connecting turntable to soundbar through receiver
Wireless speakers for CD player and Pioneer receiver?
New Record Player and Receiver Recommendations
got no receiver for surround sound, gt a 50" TV. 5 speakers n a sub, is there anything I can use temp. gt a Wii, DVD player n
can i use a DVD player as a receiver to make 5.1 true surround sound system?
AV receiver missing 5.1 channel inputs

ASK THE COMMUNITY