What kind of virus could i have? How to remove it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caymane

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
Hey!

I've encountered an interesting problem. Some websites think i have some kind of virus/malware on my PC, so i downloaded Malwarebytes and Spybot, then i ran a full scan, it found some errors but nothing interesting. However those sites still think i have a virus.

I was browsing a forum which counts the visitors. The statistics said, 1 registered (me), and 26 guests reads the thread (which is quite unusal there), so i went to one of the oldest/hidden thread to make sure its not an accidental but there was 26 quests too. This number is changing from time to time, right now its 0 sometimes 6, 8...

what kind of virus/malware can do such things and how can i remove them?

Currently im using Windows 10, Windows Defender and Chrome.
I also used Spybot Search and Destroy with active protection for about a week (when i first became suspicious) but it found nothing so i uninstalled it because it made my PC slower.

My Life Is Tech

Estimable
Apr 23, 2014
Be very careful with those sites that "claim" your computer has a virus, 99.9% of them are pop-up advertisements asking you to download their software to "fix" or "remove" the viruses. These advertisements themselves will install malware, so they claim you're infected when you are in fact, not. Then they infect you themselves.

Long story short, do not trust pop-ups or sites that say you have a virus, they are FAKE and THEY will give you a virus.

caymane

Estimable
Aug 14, 2014
well, i would say i know how to use internet, i havent clicked any advertisement nor installed any non-trusted program nowadays. i also use AdBlock which removes almost every adv/popup. I really dont know where did i get this virus...

The site which thinks i have something bad uses Incapsula (i googled it, it seems legit to me).

ahmyday

Honorable
Nov 16, 2013

Rabmac

Estimable
Nov 29, 2015
I would be willing to bet that your machine is already infected with malware. The question now is how do you remove it?

Personally speaking I would advice that you install malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, TDSS Killer & ADW cleaner.

Once you have them installed make sure all the malware definitions are up to date (there will be an update function).

Now boot into safe mode and run TDSS Killer first and then the others in any order you want. Once you have finished the scans and removed malware you should run this tool: http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

This tool will repair any damage caused by the malware.

william p

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
I had a virus take over Chrome and keep redirecting me to scareware. I removed Chrome and used IE to run ADW which found and removed some things, but Malwarebytes found some of them still there next day. Kaspersky Internet Security found some things first but it took all 3 to get it out. I reinstalled Chrome after. I turned these things off in Task Manager, Uninstalled them in Control Panel, but they kept reloading every time I opened Chrome. It had several names AgentPOM, Nosibits, Palikan, Bubbledoc.

Status
Not open for further replies.