Solved! What laptop for programming and maybe gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 30, 2018
Hi!

So, since I am in computing school, there is lots of programming. I also like to play games. Though I do have a PC with GTX 1070 and i5 2400, I need a portable PC, that I can bring to school. So I was thinking about buying HP Omen (2018) 15" with 1050. What do you guys think about it and what laptop should I be looking for?

Thank you!

Solution
Carrying a gaming laptop to the computing school can become a hurdle for you after some time. I would suggest you, buy a gaming laptop which weight as light as possible. HP Omen (2018) weighs near about 4.5 pounds (if I am not wrong).

You can check out "ASUS S510UN-EH76 VivoBook" if you are comfortable with NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Do you have a specified budget for the laptop?
Dec 30, 2018

Can't do that, I am not able to bring my PC to where I live. I still need a laptop....

Dec 27, 2018
Carrying a gaming laptop to the computing school can become a hurdle for you after some time. I would suggest you, buy a gaming laptop which weight as light as possible. HP Omen (2018) weighs near about 4.5 pounds (if I am not wrong).

You can check out "ASUS S510UN-EH76 VivoBook" if you are comfortable with NVIDIA GeForce MX150

Do you have a specified budget for the laptop?

Solution
Jan 10, 2019
My personal suggestion would be Dell XPS 15-9570, as for programming and gaming both we need a large screen, better processing speed. This machine has got both the features. for graphics purpose it uses Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti so it would be more easier to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.