What laptop should i get and where?

Steve101_

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
So i have a Pc already, nice and beefy, but i am looking for somewhere to buy a laptop between £200-£300 maybe slightly over if it has to be, and i don't mind if it is refurbished.

I just want it to use when im out and about away from my PC at home... some light gaming, say minecraft with mods Etc.

I am planning on sticking Win7 on it and wiping all the crap off, tuning everything down to get the max performance out of it as i can. ( i mean computer settings not in game graphics settings)

SO, i am just looking for advise/where to get one/ what laptop to get.

I also have one that i have been looking into for £200 that someone i know is selling, (specs below), is that a good deal or should i buy elsewhere?

Win8 touch screen HP
I5 4200u
4gb ram
500gb hard drive

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
If you want something for light gaming and to be your home away from home laptop, I would not recommend touch screen. I would recommend a full size laptop for yourself to utilize.

I can only go off of what I have used before, but the Toshiba Satellite series is amazing. Inexpensive, good universal parts that can be changed out without a fuss, and long lasting.

Steve101_

Estimable
Nov 25, 2014
#

Where is a good place to buy one? even refurbished?

thejackal85

Estimable
Jan 18, 2016
It honestly depends on where you live in what country. However, in any case, it's almost always cheaper to order one online.

But, if you have an Office Depot or Staples near you, they usually have a fair selection with fair prices.