What major company gives best customer service

TJP

Distinguished
Jul 28, 2004
I'm planning on buying a laptop in the $800-1300 range (I hope). I haven't narrowed it down cause it's so confusing.

I'll be using it mainly with Photoshop and Illustrator, so will need it to have some pep. I might also like to use it for gaming.

One of my main concerns is should I need help after purchase, who gives good customer service these days? I'd like to be able to easily understand the customer service person and not have to ask them to constantly repeat themselves due to a heavy accent.

I was thinking perhaps of getting the Toshiba Satellite A105-S4344, but am also leaning to the Apple MacBook Pro Notebook (yes, I know this sends it closer to $2000). Compusa has these at good prices right now (at least I think they're good).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

TJ

thantoas

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2006
I spend a heck of alot of time in photoshop.( i am a photographer) I have allso been threw 4 laptops in the last 3 years. I was not happy untill I hit around 2100 and got 2 gigs of ram.

I would not use another sony Viao Had two both had screen issues and got many many dead pixels over time.

The Toshiba i had was great , just way underpowerd.

When I decided to spend real money , It came down to the Qusimo(sp??) and the Sager 8960.

The Sager is prob over Kill for photoshop , and has had some issues( this series Laptop is bordering on lemonish)

For me I wanted to do bussiness with a local Store that could Solve my problems, When the local best Buy ended up sending off the Sonys anyway , I said the hell with it I could just order off line and ended up with sager.

For only photoshop , If i had to do it all over again For 2 grand I would look at some of the Asus laptops.

Xotic PC had the ASUS S96J / Z96J with the new Core2 2.0 mghz 4 meg chips and 2 gigs of ram for $1400-1500. Just as important It has the Higher Rez 1680x1050 screen. With a 256m video card

The Toshiba Satellite A105-S4344 Are stuck at 1200x800 Rez Screens. That is a problem if you are working with photos. You want as much screen as you can get. Not to mention if you went all out the best you could get is a 128 meg video card.

Any Rout you go, Remember if you working with photos aim for screen Rez. You want as much space as you can get.