What may be causing the stuttering?

G

TV: Samsung UN40H5003AF
Sound System: Samsung HW-D550
Blu Ray Player: Samsung BD-JM57
Streaming Device: Roku 3

Please note that I do not have my listed home theater set up at this time. I used this set up while attending school. I will likely use this setup when I return to school. I am asking what may be the cause for the problem I listed below and see if it can be resolved before I return to school.

I encountered an occasional Blu ray stuttering playback issue with my listed home theater set up. I watched a couple of movies such as the Martian and Maleficent on this set up. As far as I recall, I had watched these movies once or twice on my father's Panasonic home theater system while visiting home during spring break and did not notice any playback issues.

I tried the following corrective procedures:
1. Exchanged my previous Samsung Blu ray player with the current one listed. I connected it to both my TV and HP 2311x computer monitor and noticed stuttering on both displays.
2. Tried different HDMI cables between the player and TV.
3. Tried connecting the player in a different HDMI port on the TV.
4. Connected the player to the speaker bar and then directly to the TV.
5. Did firmware updates with guidance from Samsung representatives on the player and TV.

I am concerned that there may be a defect with my TV. But since there was stuttering when using the player on my computer display, I am guessing the chances are 50-50 that it is a problem with my TV. I wish to add that this set up was used in a university dormitory. This dormitory uses WiFi. In addition, the campus where my dormitory is at is located at a regional airport with an operating control tower that directs both civil and military aircraft. If I recall correctly, I did some video setting adjustments with the guidance of Samsung support. Is my TV defective or could the WiFi and/or air traffic communication also be factors as to why I am experiencing this occasional playback stuttering?

Thanks.

Solution
If the stuttering is happening on both the TV and HP 2311x computer monitor then the obvious source of the problem is the Samsung Blu ray player.