What motherboards fit my laptop ? Help please A300

globalmark

Honorable
Sep 25, 2013
Hi

My partners laptop failed to start or starts then auto restarts when plugged into mains - googling found needs new Nec/Tokin capacitor - however to solder a new one in seems bit beyond my skill but should be able to just replace the whole motherboard .
However I have opened laptop found sticker with motherboard on and googled that but seems rare and hard to find and doesn't look same shape as motherboard in laptop .. But several years ago we had it repaired by Toshiba under warranty and maybe they replaced motherboard then but not sure ..
So are there several motherboards that fit this laptop don't mind if change the processor speed or anything as long as works and is ok ..
Specs are
Toshiba Satallite A300 approx 2008
Model : PSAGCA-09U01N
Intel core 2 Duo
P7450 2.13ghz
Memory 2048mb
Current PN on motherboard sticker under Ram chip is :- V000127030

So does anyone know if a different motherboard will. Fit and work even if changes spec a bit ?
The V000126280 is cheap readly available and looks the same - will this fit ?

Any info much appriciated
Thanks in Advance all
Mark

Solution
Laptop motherboards do not have a format standard like desktop motherboards. Laptop motherboards are designed to fit into specific brand laptop chassis / model.

You basically need to find a working motherboard from another Toshiba laptop of the same make and model.
Laptop motherboards do not have a format standard like desktop motherboards. Laptop motherboards are designed to fit into specific brand laptop chassis / model.

You basically need to find a working motherboard from another Toshiba laptop of the same make and model.

Solution