socer1104

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I'm renewing my contract with Cingular at the end of the month so I'm getting a new phone. I was looking for suggestions. The kind of phone I want is one with PDA functionality such as a calender, memo, organizer Most phones that I can tell that have this come with email and internet, which I'm not going to need because I'm not going to get any kind of data plan. So my question is should I get one of these smart phone like the palm 680 or is there a better option out there for my needs. Thanks.

Audiose

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2006
I know that Cingular has a lot of phones - more than many other carriers, including Sprint. There are a lot that have the features you are looking for. If you *must* have a phone that does organization, and takes notes, etc, don't buy a PDA type phone, because as a general rule, the manufacturer requires data service to be purchased with it. Any phone should do that. The BEST phone (i.e. most reliable for the price, and highest rated as well) is the LG CU400. Next step is the LG CU500. Both can store small amounts of data, take notes, have calendars, etc. Check them out...

louiselastic

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2007
I think you should wait till june, cuz iPhone will be available to the market which also use cingular network.

Remember that Apple will never let us down (oh no, dont mention me about newton)

socer1104

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2007
I'm not a big fan of apple. I had a lot of problems with an ipod I bought and I know at least 5 other people who had similar problems with their apple products. Plus the phone is going to be ridiculously over priced. The link is a review of the iphone's parts and how much it costs to produce. The phone is going to go on sale for $500.

http://www.simmtester.com/page/news/shownews.asp?num=9914