What phones from straight talk use verizon towers?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

samrae92

Honorable
Jan 11, 2013
Hello,
I was told to buy the motorola defy xt ($200) before I moved to Bradford,Pa so I did,when I moved up here my phone never works and that because this phone uses sprint towers, which they never informed me. Is there any way to make my phone signal better?? Im just annoyed because I've been spending so much money and I do what they tell me but my phone never works and everyone is contradicting everyone! Any help would be appreciated

Robert Marston

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013

I am currently using a Verizon Droid X and my daughter has the Droid 2 currently. You can use any 3G
Verizon phone for their BYOP program. You can find them on EBay, my Droid X cost roughly $50 and my daughters Droid 2 cost about $28. These phones have better memory and processors than any of the Verizon droids offered by StraightTalk. I have well over 30 to 40 apps on mine, and runs good. Go to this website to program your cell phone to work with StraightTalk once you have one: http://www.straighttalk.com/wps/portal/home/h/byop/registration, takes less than an hour to get phone working on StraightTalk from there.

Ken Davis

Honorable
Oct 7, 2013

I just bought the Huawei Ascend Plus H881C for $130 from Walmart, but it's out of stock on the Walmart site at the moment, but still available from the StraightTalk.com site for $150. It has Android 4.0 and works with Verizon towers. I'm happy with it so far except that the camera has no flash and kinda sux even in decent light. Well also the vibrator is kinda weak too. I've never used a smartphone before, so I don't have many expectations. It got a 4 star user rating on the Walmart site, which is actually pretty impressive.

Kronos5000

Honorable
Dec 2, 2013

I have a Defy XT555C and it ain't Verizon,it's Sprint if you go to manage apps you'll find a "Sprint DMC" I found that out after a few days of head banging trying to get the thing to work at home here in Belleville WV and wondering why my cell booster doesn't work.

Called straight talk and was told it's a Sprint and won't work in my area,and I should return it for one that will work in my area-BUT WHICH ONE?

It does work fine in town so...may keep it,I prefer Motorola phones overall so....

Dunno can't stay with Verizon cell they're literally bleeding me dry money wise.

ladyme

Honorable
Dec 12, 2013
Beware of what Straight Talk customer service gives you for information. The told me I would connect through Veizon or AT&T. LIE. I connect through Sprint, which is useless where I live. Dropped calls, no network, loud echos. I now have a useless $400 cell phone. Filed BBB and FCC complaint.

Garrett Day

Honorable
Dec 25, 2013

Wrong. I have a AT&T iphone 4s and I got a straight talk sim . It still runs on AT&T towers

alstonalvin

Estimable
Jun 2, 2015
When you decide take a straight talk phone plans, the ability to be free from a a long-term contract is especially appealing. But in doing so, one wants to make sure they are able to use their favorite phones, as well as get sufficient coverage with their Straight Talk plans.
There are a number of different Straight Talk plans that use Verizon Wireless and the phone towers that come with such things. So whether you want to have unlimited data and minutes on your iPhone, or your LG Optimus, there are options with Straight Talk phones that use Verizon.
One of the most well known smart phones on today’s market is the iPhone. You’re in luck if you want to have a Straight Talk plan through Verizon and want to use all the wonderful capabilities of the iPhone.
No matter what model, the Apple iPhone is available through Straight Talk. If the iPhone doesn’t quite impress your fancy, then try a Samsung Galaxy or a Samsung Platinum Illusion. Both of these smartphones are available through Straight Talk, and use Verizon towers. Walmart is the best place buy a smartphone. You can buy it from walmart!
A long list of such plans that use the Verizon towers are as follows:
-LG 100 C
-LG 220 C
-Motorola 385 C
-Samsung 335 C
-Samsung 355 C
-Samsung 451 C
-Samsung 380 C-
-LG 231 C
-LG 221 C
-LG 290 C
-LG 511 C
-Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C- Android
-Huawei Ascend Y H866C- Android
-Samsung Galaxy Showcase- Android
-Unimax U670C- Android
-LG Optimus ZIP- Android
-LG L38 C- Android

Eddie_34

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017

Eddie_34

Commendable
Jan 14, 2017
It's really simple look on the front of the straight talk phone package your thinking of buying there will be a map at the bottom right if it's red it's Verizon blue AT&T Yellow sprint and so on I found this out by accident from my nephew telling a friend so I bought an Android LG phone a great phone ya know the more you spend on the phone the better the phone not the phone company I only have trouble way out in the country where my Daughters live I can go outside & get reception not inside of course she has a metal roof!!!! But look at the front green package if it's red map of the USA it Verizon wireless

Status
Not open for further replies.