What should i do if my laptop just doesnt work. It turns on but i cant open anything. I cant even open the start menu. Pls hel

Izza__

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I cant open anything. I tried to open the start menu the folders on my desktop not even one

stonewolfpcrepair

Prominent
Mar 16, 2017
I'm assuming your laptop actually boots into windows and into the main welcome screen with this post.

That being said, I would suggest hooking up an external keyboard and mouse (if the mouse pointer doesn't move, and typing etc. doesn't do anything). If it all works after that, then I'd say it's a dead keyboard and mouse. Take it to a local repair shop. I don't recommend using Geek Squad or any of the major brand repair places simply because its my experience you don't get the quality for the price.

If possible another option is to reboot the system into safemode. The way to do that depends on the operating system. For windows 7 it's the easiest, simply reboot the computer and as soon as the screen turns black, begin pressing the F8 key. For windows 8 and 10, you'll need to google it a bit further because it can get in depth. I'd recommend watching a youtube video of how to do it without having to use your start button on windows lol. I'll be honest, I'm not sure if that's possible, but I'd think they would be smarter than that. lol.

Hope that you get it fixed!