Question What should I do

Jun 14, 2021
Hi, i'm new to this forum.

Laptop model : Asus TUF FX505DD gaming laptop.

Problem : I can't do some editing, playing game or even let the laptop stay awake because the laptop screen will go black after 30mins-1hour running. I think the main gpu (GTX1050) is bricked. However, after set the 3D setting and physX on integrated gpu/cpu, I can run the laptop properly (haven't try to do heavy task as the integrated gpu relatively have low vram).

Option 1 : Can my laptop gpu get fixed? From what I know most of the gaming laptop have soldered gpu.

Option 2 : Does this laptop worth to sell? If so, how can I determine the price.

I'm so sorry for my bad english as it's not my 1st language.

Jun 14, 2021
Has the laptop been opened up? If so, did the problems start after it was opened? Has it been run hot a lot?

You have a fairly expensive machine if you had to buy it new. I would ask Asus what they would charge to repair it.
1 times during upgrading ram. Nope, the problem occurred after 4-5months later. Yep, at first, i've been told by workshop that my thermal paste dry. After reapply new paste, the problem become more aggressive like it happens 3times per hour. I must cold the laptop around 10min in order to use it again.