What sort of monitor should i get to use my hp laptop with broken screen?

maryaisbell

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
My laptop screen is broken it still runs was told i could use a monitor or tv to use it. But dont know how to connect to t v and dont know what sort of external monitor i should get if i go that route not very computer savy but use my laptop for my ministry and have lots of pictures and ministry ebooks i need, on very tignt budget.

Solution
Well, almost any external monitor would work for you. You would just need the right cord to connect to yours. If the monitor doesn't come with the cord needed (or the plug is different) you would then need an adapter. Most of this can be obtained really cheaply.

Connecting is really really easy. In most cases you can just turn the laptop completely off (no hibernate or sleep), then connect the external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. The laptop should detect it and allow it to run. :) Just note, an external monitor would also need a place to plug in (for power) to work.
Well, almost any external monitor would work for you. You would just need the right cord to connect to yours. If the monitor doesn't come with the cord needed (or the plug is different) you would then need an adapter. Most of this can be obtained really cheaply.

Connecting is really really easy. In most cases you can just turn the laptop completely off (no hibernate or sleep), then connect the external monitor. Turn on the external monitor and then turn on the laptop. The laptop should detect it and allow it to run. :) Just note, an external monitor would also need a place to plug in (for power) to work.

Solution