What the heck is wrong with Tom's website

dmitche3

Distinguished
May 25, 2008
What is wrong with this website? In the past several weeks I keep getting "suspicous activity" simply navigating via the links. This isn't just annoying, it !

In addition I keep getting 404s and I can't even log in at times. Is any one at the helm any longer?

Solution
Can you be a little more specific, in terms of the errors you're getting? Perhaps provide a few pictures? 404's do happen from time to time, yes, but they shouldn't be widespread. Most outages are taken care of pretty expediently. As far as the "suspicious activity", if this is related to Distil, which will prompt you to enter a captcha, then it is likely related to an extension or plugin you are running. Anything that crawls our site continuously, or parses a large number of pages, will cause our bot detection systems to flag you. Certain adblockers and anti-tracking plugins/extensions can also cause problems—for instance, Ghostery, which blocked Distil and forced our users to manually toggle that option in their settings.
Can you be a little more specific, in terms of the errors you're getting? Perhaps provide a few pictures? 404's do happen from time to time, yes, but they shouldn't be widespread. Most outages are taken care of pretty expediently. As far as the "suspicious activity", if this is related to Distil, which will prompt you to enter a captcha, then it is likely related to an extension or plugin you are running. Anything that crawls our site continuously, or parses a large number of pages, will cause our bot detection systems to flag you. Certain adblockers and anti-tracking plugins/extensions can also cause problems—for instance, Ghostery, which blocked Distil and forced our users to manually toggle that option in their settings.

Solution