Question Why is my Computer making a clicking sound every1-2 seconds? What can I do to fix this issue, and pinpoint the cause?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exi

Jul 18, 2022
It's a computer, could not find PC help Bump me to said thread if need be. Important information when Answering this question. It happens consistently without fail. If I play a video game that is somewhat demanding. My Pc will start clicking sooner than if it Idles for an hour. This has been going on for about 2 years now. Putting my computer to sleep and then immediately turning it back on makes the noise go away for another hour or so. Meaning it will not click until about an hour of time has passed. Every time that happens I set it back to sleep, it will stop. Rinse and repeat. Also If I keep it on longer it will click more frequently than every one or 2 seconds. That is also very consistent. It will happen like that without fail. I know absolutely nothing about computers. But it is getting very annoying to keep putting it to sleep. I'd Imagine some of you awesome people know exactly what it could be, just because it's so consistent and It does exactly what I stated each time, every time. If you can help me I would greatly Appreciate it, also please help with a solution that isn't taking it to someone who know's something about computers. I don't trust people with my computer. I will youtube how to replace items if need be. THANKS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.