What to Do If Your Amazon Prime Delivery Is Late

Status
Not open for further replies.

mskaty77

Prominent
Oct 15, 2017
Amazon said they wouldn't do the extra month of Prime because "We are only able to extend Prime if the item was delayed in transit." Never mind that it was to be delivered in 2 days then low & behold 1 week later it hasn't been shipped yet. It was out of stock but couldn't tell us?!?!?! Horrendous inconvenience since it was for a birthday present 1 day after it was to be delivered AND about $15 in gas to get something else!!!

dezacher

Prominent
Nov 13, 2017
This extra month "promise" is bogus. I have an order I need that supposedly was "out for delivery" in my town. The product was never delivered and I got no explanation. Contacting the company after 8 p.m. the day this happened only got them to promise they would contact the carrier and try harder next time to make it on time. I got no promises of anything even though I let them know how much I needed the product today (which is true). Please do not laud Amazon for its good customer service when that is not true for everyone.

marikomarianes

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
I laughed at the first post from MSKATY77 because my order was delayed in transit, and I did not get any extension on my Amazon Prime. Their customer service must make up any excuse based on your circumstance. It's unfortunate that Amazon is getting so big that their customer service is getting worse. I've been an Amazon customer for many years - way before Prime was even an option, and their customer service was way better in the beginning. This month, I ordered a coffee maker which was supposed to have one day delivery. It did not arrive. If Amazon had put two day delivery, I would have purchased the coffee maker somewhere else, because who wants to go two days without coffee??!! Anyway, when it did not arrive, I complained to customer service, and this was their exact reply:
Hello,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't received your package yet. Most packages that are late show up shortly after the estimated delivery date.

I've checked our records and see that we shipped this order on time and scheduled to deliver the package on November 17, 2017.

I checked and see that there was an unexpected delay in transit from carriers end. This is the reason your shipment was late. I'm sorry about this.

I hope you'll understand that we do our best to ensure that all orders leave our fulfillment centers in time to meet the availability and shipping estimates listed on our website. In spite of our efforts, there are unforeseen delays with some shipments on occasion. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

However, I've checked with Ontrac and see that they scheduled to deliver your package in the end of November 17, 2017.

http://www.ontrac.com/trackingres.asp?tracking_number=C12.......

When your order does arrive, there's no need to contact us. However, if you haven't received it by end of November 20, 2017 please let us know and we'll be happy to get a refund or replacement for you.

In addition to our large selection, one of the benefits we strive to offer our customers is convenience; we regret that we have not met that standard in this case.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.??

We'd appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Best regards,
Balu J
Amazon.com

paulroberts27

Prominent
Dec 11, 2017
Just signed up for a prime trial, a few days ago. My first order, supposedly next day, was pushed back at the checkout; so i'm already disappointed. That being said, today is the day it is scheduled to arrive-even after the push back. Scheduled to arrive any time before 8pm is bad enough. Why they can't give me an estimated 2 hour slot to save me waiting for 13 hours, like most other companies do, is beyond me. Anyway, the tracking still doesn't indicate it is out for delivery & it's supposed to arrive today. 48 minutes to go, I don't think it's going to make it somehow. Ordered Friday, dispatched Saturday, not here Sunday (They have delivered many times on a Sunday), Not here Monday with 48 minutes remaining until 8pm. Not looking good Amazon. I don't hold out much hope for my pantry delivery then, either, supposedly takes 4 days for that to get here. I guess I won't be paying for that service. I will see what they offer to stream & then cancel, I think!

mkmck69

Prominent
Dec 20, 2017
Amazon does a decent job of getting my stuff out on time, but they need to look into their relationship with UPS, because UPS is HORRIBLE! Constant incorrect information on their tracking site, and 7 out of the 9 orders I have placed in the last month have been shipped on time, but delivered late...2 of them in excess of 3 days late. Each time, Amazon has extended my subscription, and once gave me a $15 credit for future use. Great on their part, but I would assume that their contract with UPS is worth many millions of dollars a year. As I wrote to Amazon, for that kind of business level, they should expect better performance from their vendor. If my level of service performance to my customers was that poor, I wouldn't have many customers left.

beaker38

Prominent
Dec 21, 2017
I ordered a $325 bed cover for my truck. seeing that they offered it on prime I bought it (Monday) and was expecting it to get here in 2 days via FEDEX. After it didn't show on the 2nd day (Wednesday) they offered me a 1 month extension on prime. It looked like it was gonna take another 2 days due to the distance it was at and dealings in the past with UPS taking forever. I told them that we are going to have a snowstorm on Friday night and i would have liked it before the snow storm. I asked Amazon is their anything else you could offer me as the guaranteed shipping fell through on their part. Expecting to get a gift card I was more than surprised when Amazon offered to do a total refund on the Bed Cover and still let me keep the bed cover which I was more than happy to take. The bed cover came Thursday to my surprise.

clamosse

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
Apparently the Prime membership means nothing in December. I've had two packages in the last week delivered days late. The first time I complained, I was given the free month. The second time, after going through 2 customer service reps, including one who told me I should have NEVER expected 2 day delivery (uh, what?) I was given a five buck credit. Apparently they can't keep up with the complaints in December. Canceling my membership as I need it to work year round, including December.

chadg2008

Prominent
Dec 29, 2017
The Amazon - UPS relationship is a bad one. I order stuff weekly from Amazon using my Prime membership. Most of the time it comes USPS and it arrives within 2 days. However I have a package that is being sent UPS that has been at my local facility and "out for delivery" for 3 days now and I still have not received it. I have called UPS and they are zero help. I called Amazon and they offered me 1 month free of Prime Membership. I told them what was the point in me even having Prime Membership when you can't even get UPS to literally drive a box to my house from a facility that is only a few miles away. I cancelled Amazon Prime and will take my online shopping business elsewhere.

kaitlinwho

Prominent
Jan 3, 2018
I had two orders with prime that were about a week late. One was $14.99, the other $56.99. After turning down multiple offers with the online rep through a live chat, they eventually refunded the $14.99 order and gave me $20 for the other. I'm almost certain they would have refunded both if I kept declining offers, but I felt so rude already. I think the key is to be respectful and patient with the reps.

clamosse

Prominent
Dec 23, 2017
I think it all depends on who you are dealing with that day. Some customer service people are very cut and dried. You won’t be able to talk them into anything and there’s not a damn thing you can do about it.

gcaltman

Prominent
Jan 4, 2018
After many years of being a satisfied Prime member, I am appalled at how 2-day delivery has become non-existent. Amazon has taken no less than 5 days to deliver "guaranteed" 2-day shipping for about the last 3 months. As soon as I place an order, the 2-day shipping updates to 5+ days out. Then it updates even further out the closer the delivery date gets. I ordered several items a full week before Christmas. Same deal, the delivery dates "updated". I called CS and the non-English speaking rep actually said, "We can't guarantee an item is in stock just because the website says it is." I told her to cancel my order. A few days later, a couple of items trickled in and I realized she had NOT canceled my order, as requested, so I tried to do it manually on the site. I received a message stating I couldn't cancel because the order was already in process. This order, which was a Christmas present, was not due to ship for another 7 days! An item I ordered a full week before Christmas was not going to ship until well AFTER Christmas. But I wasn't allowed to cancel it! This item arrived yesterday. YESTERDAY!!! 9 DAYS PAST CHRISTMAS! Seriously rethinking my Prime membership renewal this year. Way to take care of your customers Amazon. What a joke.

kfbg

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Uunfortunately I too must offas my dissatisfaction with Amazon's customer service. I had an order to my office marked as delivered to the mail room when it was not. We dont have a mailroom. This is a private office in our building and no other tennants. Contacted customer service who asked me to wait 24 hours and contact them again if it did not arrive. Since it was a Friday and I wasn't going to be in the office Saturday, although the office was open, I contacted them on Monday. Then I was told that the order was not considered lost until 9 PM that night. I expressed my frustration and disappointment. No other orders to my office got lost so I know their delivery service knows where my office is located. Both USPS and UPS deliver to us daily. I was offered the one month extension but turned it down as it has very little value to them so why should I have any value to me? I don't expect the order to arrive and told that to customer support. AMAZON does not keep on top of their private carriers. I've had numerous personal orders to my home just tossed on my porch without bothering to ring the bell. Fortunately none of mine were stolen in December but several people did have their packages stolen. I also have a perimeter alarm so i was made aware of the deliveries by it.
So I fully expect to have too either reorder my items or cancel for a refund. In my frustration with their lack of support I cancelled my Prime membership. They didn't care. Didn't care either when I said I would order elsewhere from now on. Amazon has grown too big and become too arrogant. It is the prime example of what happens with a monopoly and they are becoming a Mega monopoly.

kfbg

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
They actually had the nerve to admit to me that some of their carriers mark shipments as delivered before they get delivered. Which i have found to be true on personal orders. I get pinged by Amazon that my oder has been delivered but find nothing on my steps or in my mailbox. Thats why they ask for the 24 he delay before they would process the issue. Yet they wanted me to wait 72 hours before they would act on it. But they apologize for the inconvenience! I'm surprised to hear that anyone got more than the month extension on Prime! That's all she was willing to offer me but I'd have to wait to 9 PM before anything else gets done. I think it's actually a disadvantage to have a local Amazon distribution center. Most of my Prime orders come by small delivery services instead of one of the major carriers.

kfbg

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
Just to further complicate things, my order was being shipped in two parts. Both were marked as delivered to my non-existent mailroom on time yet neither package has actually arrived. Tracking info from their small carriers is useless.

kfbg

Prominent
Jan 22, 2018
One last point. Calling Amazon seems to get the best result. After my very disatisdying CS session I did some research on their site and found that they say I only have to wait 36 hours before I can get action on my claim of late delivery. So since it had been almost 72 hours since the alleged delivery time I decided to have Amazon CS call me. Now this person claims that he shows my package as in transit and it should arrive by close of business today. I bring to his attention that I was given a completely different explanation of the situation via chat with CS. I explained that I should not have to wait any longer and that as a Prime customer I expect 2 day shipping and do not expect to be fraudulently advised of a delivery to a non-existent mail room. He then offered me a full refund to my credit card for the entire amount of my order which I accepted. I promptly received an e-mail to that effect from him. Moral of the story is don't stop fighting and speak directly to a human to get the best response.

Giroro

Honorable
Jan 22, 2015
My Amazon Prime orders usually arrive when Amazon says they will ... the problem is that the timeframe that they quote me for 2 day shipping has never, not even once, been less than 3 business days.

Usually how it goes is I order a product on a Wednesday around lunch time, which is after their arbitrary early morning cutoff. The product ships out the next day on Thursday, which I guess Amazon doesn't count as a shipping day. So in Amazon's eyes, the first day of shipping is 2 days after I ordered it (Friday) and the second day is the following Monday. So anything that I order after a Monday or Tuesday morning ends up taking 5 calendar days to show up, which is not very convenient and absolutely not worth what Amazon charges.

We just have to accept that Amazon Prime isn't about shipping anymore, it's just an elaborate way to trick people into subscribing to an inferior Netflix knockoff where it's way too hard to separate the 'free' videos from the absurdly-overpriced rentals. Also, I can't figure out how to make it work on my phone/chromecast.

Jul 29, 2018
Looks like they've removed this policy from the link above. I spoke with a representative this morning who advised me this policy is no longer available. However, since I was promised this by a previous associate who do not follow through, they could offer it as an "exception" since their supervisor approved it.

Oct 22, 2018
I literally just got off the phone with an Amazon "supervisor" who said they can't extend memberships anymore--even though they did last month. He assured me he would like nothing more than to be able to do that, but it's not even possible in his system. They've raised the amount a membership costs--and lowered the benefits. So...pay for 2-day shipping and if you don't get it....oh well.

Oct 24, 2018
I ordered on Amazon Prime and purposefully chose an item that was Same Day Shipping because I was ordering for my cousins birthday the following day and I wanted to receive it the night before to wrap it etc. Item was not delivered. I called Amazon the next morning and inquired about my package and they said for some reason it didn't go out for delivery...uhm how is that possible when it was specifically same day delivery?! The rep I spoke to was not sympathetic at all and basically told me she couldn't even guarantee it was delivered the following day - she essentially told me it could end up being TWO days after the day I ordered it same-day delivery. She offered me a $5.00 coupon on my Amazon account when the item I ordered was nearly $100.00. This is not the first time my packages have been late but this is the last straw. I have been a loyal prime customer since 2008 but I am cancelling my membership today.

Status
Not open for further replies.