What would be a good price to sell my gaming laptop for?

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014
Hey guys, so I recently went browsing online for a new gaming backpack, and I noticed that Aorus had released a new and improved version of my X7 Pro. The thing is, for the same price, this new model completely destroys mine, including a Skylake i7 (K version I might add), DDR4, improved keyboard and macro functions, more storage compatibility, support for more RAM, and even USB 3.1 ports. This thing is a god compared to my "Almighty gaming laptop" and it kills me having something lower. So, I wanna sell my current X7 Pro, but I can't even guess at a reasonable price. Can anyone help me out with that? Here's what it has:

Aorus X7 Pro Gaming Laptop
Intel i7-4870HQ at 2.5Ghz
16Gb DDR3 Crucial RAM
2x 256GB M.2 SSDs installed with Windows 8.1 (plus Windows 10 Upgrade)
1x 1TB 5400RPM HDD
Macro Keys (5x with 5x different profiles)
2x Geforce GTX 970M 3GB in SLI (combined total 6GB)
And you can pretty much find the info on their website if I missed anything

Now, this is where the pricing becomes strange. I bought it for $3200 on XoticPC, but because I added some software and peripherals and stuff. Originally, base price was $2699.99, but as of then it's suffered some...roughage. The sides are a bit scratched up from exposure in the backpack that broke. Two corners are dented from when the backpack's strap tore and it fell down 2 stair steps (ouch. Also, you can see the main culprit here...). The GPU seems to have taken some strange effects from the physical injuries, as on startup it shows some multicolored lines before finally flashing to the login screen. Occasoinally, it'll get stuck on the boot screen and I'll have to hard power it off (only happens about 2x a month, but still an issue). It also has some custom laser engraving on the lid (Borderlands 2 printed atop a vault symbol because it's my favorite game :D), so I'm not sure if it would increase or decrease the value. Once I figure out how to link photos here, I can give a more accurate description, but for now that's all I have to work with. I'd appreciate some help here, guys. I know It won't be nearly as much as the purchase price, but anything I can get would help my wallet a lot.
:

Solution
Even though the new laptop is faster than yours, would be a huge waste of money to sell yours at a loss then pay for a new laptop again when yours is fine for games for several more years. Especially with all the damage to it. Basically add $1,500 to the cost of the laptop you want and think about that cost since that is about what you will be losing when selling yours if not more.

5hadowking115

Estimable
Apr 10, 2014

Oh I miss clicked. But yes, I'm well aware of it. That's why I was asking the community.

Even though the new laptop is faster than yours, would be a huge waste of money to sell yours at a loss then pay for a new laptop again when yours is fine for games for several more years. Especially with all the damage to it. Basically add $1,500 to the cost of the laptop you want and think about that cost since that is about what you will be losing when selling yours if not more.

Solution