What would be the best 15.6" laptop for playing games under £700

penguinplop

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Hi ive been looking at laptops for under £700 with decent specs for playing relatively new games. However I cant seem to find anything which is the right size at the right price. Size is important as my budget is stretched at £700 and i wouldnt be able to afford a new bag to carry a larger laptop than my current 15.6" one. Thanks for any suggestions

1_What is your budget? £700

2_What is the size of the notebook that you are considering? 15.6 inch

3_What screen resolution do you want? At least 1366 x 768

4_Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop? Portable preferably

5_How much battery life do you need? 3-4 hours. Battery life when playing games isnt important as it will be plugged in most of the time

6_Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)? Yes modern warfare 2 etc on medium-high

7_What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo / Video editing,watching movies, Etc.)
general use, internet, university etc
8_How much storage (H.D.D Capacity) do you need? 500gb

9_If you are considering specific sites to buy from, please post their links.

10_How long do you want to keep your laptop? at least 3 or 4 years. Obviously it wont still run new games by the end but as long as possible would be nice

11_What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ? Dvd ROM/writer

12_Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons. Toshiba from experience as my last was toshiba and dell as they seem good value

13_What country do you live in? UK

14_Please tell us any additional information if needed.

penguinplop

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at vaio e-series before but they underclock the graphics cards and im not sure if id be comfortable clocking it back to standard myself. Do you know of any uk websites which might sell asus laptops at a reasonable price as they seem to be really overpriced here compared to the US?