What's a good Windows laptop brand?

bsod1

Honorable
Feb 7, 2013
First of all, I'm from India and I know you guys can't quite find a laptop for me and that's fine. But, what's a good brand? I am really out of the laptop market. Just got a job and they require Photoshop and video editing, nothing heavy.

I won't be gaming, already have a desktop.

Dell, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Acer?

1. What is your budget?
This makes no sense as prices are very different across the world. Something reasonable with a good price to performance ratio.

2. What is the size of the notebook that you are considering?
15.6 and under. Whatever is cheaper.

3. What screen resolution do you want?
1080p or greater. Won't be gaming anyway.

4. Do you need a portable or desktop replacement laptop?
Somewhere in between?

5. How much battery life do you need?
As much as you can give me.

6. Do you want to play games with your laptop? If so then please list the games that you want to with the settings that you want for these games. (Low,Medium or High)?
Nope.

7. What other tasks do you want to do with your laptop? (Photo/Video editing, Etc.)
Photoshop and video editing (not heavy) Nothing heavy at all, but I need something that does whatever I am doing pretty fast. SSD speeds?

8. How much storage (Hard Drive capacity) do you need?
I am guessing I don't need much space, but um, 1 TB HDD or a cheap SSD 256 - 512 GB. Can get an external HDD?

10. How long do you want to keep your laptop?
VERY LONG

11. What kind of Optical drive do you need? DVD ROM/Writer,Bluray ROM/Writer,Etc ?
I don't want one tbh

12. Please tell us about the brands that you prefer to buy from them and the brands that you don't like and explain the reasons.
Dell, Lenovo, Asus, Acer, HP, others? Any good brand.
I don't like Toshiba/Hitachi.

13. What country do you live in?
India

14. Please tell us any additional information if needed.
Should look sleek, classy, understated. I want the 5th Gen i5/i7

TRENDING THREADS