What's a safe temperature for a gaming laptop based on CPU/GPU msi gs73vr?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilitiaMen132

Prominent
Jun 9, 2017
Curious on safe temps C' for gs73vr msi gaming laptop idle and while gaming. mine sits around 40-50 doing average browsing with a cheap cooling pad and cooler boost.

Solution
Laptop GPUs are fine up to 60-70C and CPU can handle 100C. And cooling pads don't really do much judging from my experience.

However, 50 C degrees seems a bit too much for average browsing on a new 17" laptop. Unless watching videos and have multiple tabs open with some background tasks, then it is good.

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016
40-50 is safe, and maximum safe temperature of intel processor like i7 is 100 C, and for gpu i dont know but usually it should be nearby that also. for sure usually nowadays laptop if they were overheating, it will shut down by itself automatically

Gurcem Eugene Zekai

Commendable
Feb 14, 2016
Laptop GPUs are fine up to 60-70C and CPU can handle 100C. And cooling pads don't really do much judging from my experience.

However, 50 C degrees seems a bit too much for average browsing on a new 17" laptop. Unless watching videos and have multiple tabs open with some background tasks, then it is good.

Solution

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

even until 80-90 they were still fine but at that temperature some cpu could throttle. 50C is not kinda to high it is pretty much standard, and he say it sits at around 40-50, so it means it is not fully stayin at 50C. and if you dont know how thin is gs73vr, you better check it first, so if the thermal management kinda bad it is a common problem with thin laptop

It shouldn't be more than 40 for normal tasks unless the laptop is really thin or it has a desktop cpu in a small chassis. For gaming I would aim to get around 60 - 70 for both cpu and gpu as that allows the laptop to perform well in summers. If the laptop is thin then the temps can be around 80 - 85. If it hits 90 then the settings of the game is too much for the cooling system and I would change the settings.

nvincent_08

Commendable
Jun 21, 2016

well my laptop pretty much sitting at almost similar temp, it hovers at around 35-60 C mostly stays at around 48-50 C on the first core(second core is slightly lower) if i do some multitasking even though it is only a low powered kaby lake i5-7200u, but i think that is normal, i saw bunch of laptop sitting at 50s C

Status
Not open for further replies.