Question What's a safe temperature for a gaming laptop MSI GL65 i7 gen9/GTX 16 Series?

Jul 17, 2020
on the MSI GL65 i7 gen9 / GTX 16 Series laptop there are 4 shift modes namely eco, comfort, sport, turbo. Here I always use comfort mode for browsing temperatures 50-60C for CPU and Gpu 50C at advance fan speeds. When I switch to turbo shift to play games it can reach 100C for CPU and GPU 80C.

besides I play games I also mine BTC in my free time with shift comfort mode with a turbo fan speed of around 7000-7200 RPM and at that time the GPU reaches 70-80C when used and when using the CPU reaches a temperature of 80-100C

is that still reasonable for using game play and BTC mining? Please explain this because I do not understand. Thank you

Jul 17, 2020
You should not mine BTC on Laptop because this process need more CPU and GPU power. The laptop doesn't have it. So ultimately it will kill you laptop. I think this is the reason why your gaming laptop is at 80 to 100C.
Only games doesn't cause high CPU temperature because a laptop like your must remain under 70C at all times.
Either your laptop is dusty or something is broken like CPU fan.

I agree with you about mining BTC on a laptop that is not good for laptop health, at that time I only mined BTC 0.00001000 per day after more than this target I stopped it because I knew the laptop wasn't as strong as a PC. when I use a laptop it is always charged when playing games or browsing. maybe that affects the temperature, when not using my laptop charger the temperature is below 40-45C for CPU and 40C for GPU.

can the laptop charge affect the temperature too? I just tried it for a few days.