What's Different Between Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick?

Steve310

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
What about speed of the device? I have a first gen Fire Stick and loading an app like CNN taaaaaaakkkkkkkkeeeeees forever. It the second gen Fire TV (the box) faster at loading something like CNN?

acovino610

Prominent
Nov 5, 2017
Hello Tom..

~ Just a friendly but Important FYI - Something that I think everyone Needs to be Fully Aware of, there is a LITTLE Mishap with Amazon at the moment where the newest System/Software Update STILL does NOT Include the option to adjust the "Display Scaling" on the 2nd Gen. FireStick. HOWEVER, with the update the New FireTV (NOT THE STICK) Does now have the option to adjust the "Arrows" in the "display scaling" related section under settings menu. I just wanted to throw that out there because this can really be a big deal breaker if for instance like myself own a Panasonic television that doesn't quite have the correct overscan or under scanning or Zoom function/features it needs, in order to adjust to Amazons default display aspect ratio... I guess Amazon is supposedly working on it but I have heard people getting refunds or like $10 off or back because of the inconvenience FYI. I myself I'm going to try to see if they will send me a Fire TV in place of my stick for the same price because of the inconvenience ;-) BOYEEE! This is a bad, bad boo-boo buy Amazon, Millions of New Firesticks out there with no way of adjusting the display size which, could very easily be done on the 1st Gen. FireStick!! That's right, Fix It & "Improve/Upgrade It" until it's broken people Smh... Lol! don't get like Microsoft now Amazon! Come on now you're better than this!... ;-) MAYBE, Tom, :) you could take a look into this & see if there is a workaround for this or a patch Etc...?? And AS ALWAYS THANKS for the Awesome Website & guided help!

isamuelson

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
I had the stick then traded it in for the 4k version after it went on sale for $49.99. Not disappointed in the least. The performance difference between the two is like night and day.

tjhall1000

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2011
i came for a comparison of the devices to see core speeds and ram size and storage spaces. this "review" type thing was useless to help me find the best specs for cheapest price. i hope this guy doesnt work for the website lol he leaves way too much info out of his stuff

Mar 15, 2018
I sought an examination of the gadgets to see center speeds and smash size and storage rooms. this "audit" type thing was futile to enable me to locate the best specs for the least expensive cost. I seek this person doesn't work after the site lol he leaves an excessive amount of information out of his stuff

10basetom

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
All three require constant connection to a wall outlet; your TV cannot supply sufficient power for even the tiny Fire TV Stick through its USB ports.

This was not the case for me. I've plugged my Fire TV Stick 4K into both my laptop's and projector's USB port with no issues.