Whats happening? Virus/Malware

jontyznjontyz

Prominent
Sep 23, 2017
Hi
So i just spent the last 30 minutes writing this, ranting off in detail about what happened to my computer just recently. I wouldnt be suprised if my grammar is absolutely horrible or my poor choice of words are very poor. Hope you can get through this painstakinly hard to-read text and maybe give me a solution.

Summary of errors:
Screen issue (Vertical lines)
Reinstall programs
Logged out of programs
Cant find my playback deivice

Today just after i bought my new keyboard (Steelseries Apex M400) my computer started acting up.
I had just plugged in my new keyboard (USB 2.0) and the first thing i did to try it out was to jump into a competitve game of Overwatch. 2 Minutes into the game the game freezes and i cant close down the window. It takes up the whole screen and i can't even get my task manager up to force close it. The only thing i had access to was my taskbar, only i couldnt open anything through it. So i decided to force restard my computer by pressing down the restart button on my chassi. Once my computer is on again i notice small vertical lines from top to down covering the screen (I dont recall any horizontal lines, but they may have been present aswell). So without doing much else i restart my computer through the windows logo. I go away and come back 10 minutes later (unrelated to current issue) and everything seems normal, only logitech (my PRE-CURRENT keyboard software) notifies me there's an update. I hit download update or something for whatever reason, dont recall what happened thereafter, if it downloads or whatever. I dont pay much attention to that and attribute it to me having a new keyboard. But now here comes the weird issues and i dont know if theyre related to my computer crashing or some virus ive been infected with, i think ive had similar problems like these ones before after my computer had crashed e.g. sound not working. Anyway so after 2nd restard and when screen problems were fixed and just after logitech notification update i try to start steelseries engine which ive had no problem opening before but this time it opens the install walkthrough, like the program isnt actually installed on my PC already? So im dumbfounded by that, and then i try to open up nvidia GeForce experience (due to previous screen issues, maybe there's some new driver update) i dont remember what happened when i opened it up, no reinstall process like steelseries engine but i believe something odd might have happened. Anyway now Gefore exp. is running but it says my session has ended and i have to login again :/. Next up is my sound, beware this is while in installing steelseries engine again. My sound cant find any speakers, headphones, whatever, sound is just turned off. So i click the icon and it goes through the whole windows troubleshooting process, i think it said no drivers where found and i have to restart my pc which i dont do because the sound icon displays the sound is back and working, only not through my headphones. I open the playback device options and my headphones are nowhere to be found on the list, which is weird because on my wireless charging station all LCD's are on, just like when its working. Whilist all this i open chrome and try to google my problems but im interrupted by my mouse which stops working and my keyboard thats acting weird (im still "re-installing" steelseries engine 3, both my mouse and keyboard are of that brand). After steelseries engine is installed and i restart my mouse its fine and i can navigate my computer and thats about when i logged on here for the first time in about 2 years and started to write one of few forum posts ive ever written.
So since i havent been doing much exept writing this no new problems has came up and the only persisent problem right now is my sound, for which there is NO output sound through any of my sources even though it displays my monitor as my chosen output device. Can this be virus related, due to crash and so why might that be? Overall it just seemed pretty fishy, and this may be bias but it just seemd like there was some external thing interfering, even when i was just using google but that might have been mouse/keyboard driver install/steelseries engine. Thanks for any help!

Solution
Driver conflict or file corruptions perhaps.

Run the built-in troubleshooters. They may find or fix something.

Run Event Viewer. Look for Error Codes or Warnings. Especially any log entries regarding the keyboard(s).

Check the Gaming options via "WIN" + "I". Likewise check the audio Playback devices and Recording devices via a right click on the small speaker icon probably lower right screen corner.

Could be that some driver or add-on was installed and reconfigured your settings for its' own purposes.

Driver conflict or file corruptions perhaps.

Run the built-in troubleshooters. They may find or fix something.

Run Event Viewer. Look for Error Codes or Warnings. Especially any log entries regarding the keyboard(s).

Check the Gaming options via "WIN" + "I". Likewise check the audio Playback devices and Recording devices via a right click on the small speaker icon probably lower right screen corner.

Could be that some driver or add-on was installed and reconfigured your settings for its' own purposes.

Solution