What's the best Antivirus and Internet Security program for my gaming PC?

JLG480

Commendable
Sep 23, 2016
Right now, I'm trying to decide between many different programs for my prebuilt gaming PC(iBuyPower 8GB RAM, Intel i5, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960) to last for a long time. I've installed many different publisher programs on a free trial but don't want to overkill my PC by running too many of these programs all at once. So far, after doing many research, Kaspersky and Norton seem like the best ones suited for my gaming PC. What do you guys think?

Solution
For AV I use Avast. Never had any issues with it.

You should also install Malwarebytes as an anti-malware. It protects against much more common everyday threats that the AV doesn't.

As for internet security, the best and only real protection is your brain.

Mr Kagouris

Estimable
Sep 7, 2015
For AV I use Avast. Never had any issues with it.

You should also install Malwarebytes as an anti-malware. It protects against much more common everyday threats that the AV doesn't.

As for internet security, the best and only real protection is your brain.

Solution

Hlsgsz

Commendable
Feb 29, 2016
Kaspersky or Bitdefender(i prefer the former). Norton is not even close to those 2. Also, it's resource hog.

The previous poster is absolutely right that you should get malwarebytes aswell. It'll save you alot of headaches.

xrhstos7003

Estimable
Apr 13, 2014
I have been using Bitdefender for ages now and i'm pretty satisfied. Well rounded with lots of stuff, support that actually supports and "reasonable" price, but I found it a bit heavy compared to other antiviruses.

If you want something light, go for AVG, but it has some extra features missing and is kinda annoying because it has quite a reasonable amount of false detections. One thing is for sure that almost none of known viruses will pass through it