Solved! What's the best way to do wifi audio streaming without an Android/iOS device?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 27, 2018
I have a simple problem which, after a day of research, still eludes a solution. My parents want a wireless speaker system to play CDs. That's all. But it can't require any kind of online service. Ideally, it could all be controlled by a single remote (NOT a phone). They're not picky about audio quality. The only thing I can come up with is to plug our old CD player into a wifi-enabled receiver from Yamaha, Sonab, etc, then buy a bunch of proprietary speakers from that manufacturer. But that would be more than a thousand dollars.

Surely somebody has made simple device to take an analogue signal in and put a wifi signal out? With a wifi standard that I can buy some sub-$200 speakers for?

Solution
Bit confused about the requirements, wireless speakers on their own don't need any online service. Remote use would depend on the speaker and device used. Sounds like you are looking for a much more advanced setup than simple bluetooth speakers, what exactly is the setup they want? Wireless speakers all over the house or just a pair connected to a CD player. Cost can be from $40 to $4,000 depending on the extent of the work they want. You can buy a bluetooth adapter for the audio out on the CD player to connect to some bluetooth speakers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTJWQLD/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1
Bit confused about the requirements, wireless speakers on their own don't need any online service. Remote use would depend on the speaker and device used. Sounds like you are looking for a much more advanced setup than simple bluetooth speakers, what exactly is the setup they want? Wireless speakers all over the house or just a pair connected to a CD player. Cost can be from $40 to $4,000 depending on the extent of the work they want. You can buy a bluetooth adapter for the audio out on the CD player to connect to some bluetooth speakers. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07KTJWQLD/ref=sspa_dk_hqp_detail_aax_0?psc=1

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.