Whats wrong with my laptop?

Crimson12

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
A few years back my laptops screen went black and I tried charging it but it was dead, that's why I was charging it and it didn't work at all so I put it away for a few years and I just got back on it and I tried charging it but, now I'm thinking maybe it's the charger that's not working not my laptop but I'm really not sure. Help.

Solution
has to watch those universal power adapters as some are not fully compatible with certain laptops as those laptops need 3 wires in the cable from the box to the laptop wereas some universal power adapters only have 2 wires.

DrGreen

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
Well, usually when you plug a power cord into a laptop, a light somewhere lights up (usually near where you plug it in) If its not the charger, it could be the battery in the laptop. If its not that, then its the laptop itself.

firo40

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2011
If it was the battery it should boot with the charger connecter still if its not its most likely the adapter. You can try getting a universal laptop connecter at walmart for cheap and try that

ffg7

Splendid
has to watch those universal power adapters as some are not fully compatible with certain laptops as those laptops need 3 wires in the cable from the box to the laptop wereas some universal power adapters only have 2 wires.

Solution