Question What's your best advice when shopping for a 4K TV?

MMohammed

Prominent
Staff member
Sep 3, 2019
As the holidays approach, I'm already starting to see into my future...and it involves a ton of spending. Fortunately, part of that spending is also going to be for my own tech purchase, including a new 4K TV. I've been reading around and trying to figure out how to pick the best one for me.

So, considering the community of knowledgeable folks here, I thought I'd ask y'all. Any advice for buying a 4K TV?

mejustsayin

Proper
Oct 11, 2020
make sure it has plenty of hdmi ports. also if purchasing locally, when you take it home, do NOT lay flat. It is one of the biggest causes of cracked screens. Laying it flat could cause scratches inside the screen and could eventually crack. It is near impossible to get it fix or replaced via warranty.

Reactions: BMajumdar

Jakke

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2013
Buy the best your budget can afford.
Not too small, not too large. It needs to be comfortable to watch. There are online tools to find out which size is best.
High brightness, high contrast, angle of view, energy consumption, HDMI ports, ... all things to watch out for but in the end, it's your budget that talks.

Nov 26, 2020
If you're shopping for a TV today, a 4k TV is worth buying over a 1080p TV, provided you sit close enough to see the extra detail and are watching native UHD content. If you're only watching 1080p or even smaller resolution content, it won't give you a boost in quality.

julerobb1

Commendable
Mar 6, 2018
Don't buy the showroom one, My dad learned this the hard way. the display on his TV blew. Best Buy refused to repair it after they also previously refused to repair his plasma. He wasn't a happy customer. Best advice: buy it new, and dont go for anything like a fire, roku, etc. Android TV is ok at best. I'm not sure if pannasonic still makes TV's but i highly recommend them, a sony or a vizio.

Sep 4, 2020
Look for 120hz depending on your budget, 4k 120hz is l a mix of quality and smoothness. It should be great for the newest and greatest gaming consoles if you are getting one. There is already some tvs with both that hq 4k and the fluid 120hz tech.

Dec 3, 2020
Yeah! I recently Purchased Motorola 4K TV which cost me around 30,000 From Flipkart. It is good. it comes with 2 GB or ram and i think it has 8 GB storage. The only drawback I found is it doesn't support dual WiFi Band I need to connect it with Ethernet Cable to enjoy 4K Content With Zero Loading Issues.

ASK THE COMMUNITY