Solved! when i bought a new tv it has no headphone adapotor soi can not plug in my tv ears. I can only now plug it into the cable box

Jan 28, 2019
when i bought a new tv it has no headphone adapotor soi can not plug in my tv ears. I can only now plug it into the cable box

Solution

Ah, ya! Sounds goes ONE WAY, CableBox --> TV, does not turn around and go TV --> CableBox (NO).

Welcome to modern TVs where they only give u the absolutely minimum necessary and no fat.

So what some people do is, if u have browse existing threads, is to insert an Optical to Analog converter, taking into account Optical volume output is fixed so u must volume control on the headphones itself.
Jan 28, 2019
i tried and still does not work, only works if I plug directly into cable box, but that only works for cable does not work for neflix ect it has to be plugged directly into the tv in order for the others to work primetime video, Netflix, hulu ect

Ah, ya! Sounds goes ONE WAY, CableBox --> TV, does not turn around and go TV --> CableBox (NO).

Welcome to modern TVs where they only give u the absolutely minimum necessary and no fat.

So what some people do is, if u have browse existing threads, is to insert an Optical to Analog converter, taking into account Optical volume output is fixed so u must volume control on the headphones itself.

Solution