Solved! When i open My T43 laptop it just open but not starting up.

Nov 9, 2018
When i open My T43 laptop it just open but not starting up. The screen just open with IBM THINKPAD then stuck with that.. What will I do?

Solution

This is the T43 Pentium M model right or T430? If is a T43 when it boots and if you hit esc and it should show the post self test screen then I think it mite be the date and time out of wack or something got reconfigure and if you hit escape and it still stuck at a the Thinkpad/IBM logo then I think the ram needs to be reseed. I really doubt it bad ram or bad gpu. Since it started when you opened it.
And I still use a T42 and it should show the post self test when esc is hit at the Thinkpad and ibm logo when first started.

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

This is the T43 Pentium M model right or T430? If is a T43 when it boots and if you hit esc and it should show the post self test screen then I think it mite be the date and time out of wack or something got reconfigure and if you hit escape and it still stuck at a the Thinkpad/IBM logo then I think the ram needs to be reseed. I really doubt it bad ram or bad gpu. Since it started when you opened it.
And I still use a T42 and it should show the post self test when esc is hit at the Thinkpad and ibm logo when first started.

Solution

A lot of people here say "open the laptop" when it means "turn it on", it's a translation from another language to English and the words don't match up exactly. They did not actually open the laptop.

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

That doesn't really change much to the statement I said, it only adds that the gpu mite of failed since there other forums stating it and saying that these or symptoms of it, (I really doubt because the T60 was more prone to the gpu chip failing but could happen) even if he hasn't opened it he still needs to turn it on and see if when he hit escape it shows post self test screen. If it is still stuck at IBM logo then there only 2 things that can cause that in my experience Bad ram or Gpu chip has failed, but if the gpu chip has failed I'm pretty sure he would of stated it since when you moved the laptop while on it will start glitching out.