When i plug in my headphones in to my speakers they work perfectly, but when i plug them in the port they don`t work.

Dec 24, 2017
When i plug the headphones in to the port they don`t even show up in the sound menu, but the microphone works (show disabled devices is turned on)

Solution
Headphones don't always show. Try right clicking (when they are connected) on the "Speaker" icon in the "Taskbar". Then click "Open Volume Mixer". Do they show listed there? If nothing shows, there could be a problem with either the headphones, or the port.

Test the headphones in another device. If they don't work there, then they are the problem. However, if they work in another device, then the port may either be input only, or damaged so that it won't accept input devices. Or it could even be something with the jack on the headphones and the port sections not connecting.

A way around this would be to get a 3.5mm to USB adapter. Kind of like this...
Headphones don't always show. Try right clicking (when they are connected) on the "Speaker" icon in the "Taskbar". Then click "Open Volume Mixer". Do they show listed there? If nothing shows, there could be a problem with either the headphones, or the port.

Test the headphones in another device. If they don't work there, then they are the problem. However, if they work in another device, then the port may either be input only, or damaged so that it won't accept input devices. Or it could even be something with the jack on the headphones and the port sections not connecting.

A way around this would be to get a 3.5mm to USB adapter. Kind of like this... https://www.amazon.com/LZYCO-External-connector-Headphone-Microphone/dp/B018YV3ALM/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1486193340&sr=8-9&keywords=3.5mm+to+usb+adapter and use that to connect the headphones.

NOTE: If the device is under warranty, you should contact the manufacturer about the issue. They may be able to fix or replace the port.

Solution