Discussion when i use my laptop on other wifi networks, seems very slow. but in my home wifi it is fast.why?

Every WiFi network has different speeds. Also, they have the ability to add limitations. So while they may allow one device on the network to access the full speed, they can limit the access of all other devices, or even just one specific device.

Since the speed is fine on your home network, then the only resolution would be to contact who ever is in charge of the other WiFis you are accessing. They may not say the limit the speed and access, but most any modem and/or router can be limited. There is no way around it without the owner of the WiFi network changing it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AverageWhiteGirl Laptop Tech Support 1
L Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 2
K Laptop Tech Support 4
D Laptop Tech Support 2
S Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
R Laptop Tech Support 6
S Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3
K Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 3
J Laptop Tech Support 3
W Laptop Tech Support 1
N Laptop Tech Support 4
E Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 1
Similar threads
Question windows 7 laptop wont connect to a network, all other devices will
Question Laptop can't pick up friend's wifi but picks up everything else
Solved! New laptop network not working
My laptop won't connect to my home network while other devices will. Is this a Windows 10 issue or laptop?
Solved! How come my laptop cannot find any wifi networks at all?
Solved! Can't connect Laptop Wirelessly
Solved! My laptop is not detecting my wifi network, but it is detecting other networks effortlessly.
My laptop is lag than network is gone
My Windows 10 ASUA laptop allows me to enter the network key but does not connect to it
Solved! My dell laptop using window 10 I can't seem to switch on the WiFi so I can search for available networks what I can possibly d
Solved! home network not working on laptop but everything else is fine
Solved! acer laptop cant connect to wifi network
Solved! how can i use an internet key to access the network using my laptop
Laptop will not detect or connect to new wifi network but will to surrounding networks.
I can't seem to find Manage Wireless Networks on my laptop
laptop cant recognise a particular wifi network
My compaq laptop wifi network is limited I can't connect
my laptop doesnt show any wifi networks this started when i wanted to manage my storage i deleted aome things and updates my w
Laptop locks up only when on home wi-fi while multiple other networks are fine....
In my laptop, yesterday , I was using wifi suddenely it started to show limited access ,so i disabled the wifi network and the

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS