When should I be concerned during PC Reset?

LittleCT

Prominent
Feb 21, 2017
I am currently resetting my cyberpower laptop and am on the "Resetting this PC __%" screen. The loading circle is constantly spinning and occasionally a percent will take a long time to progress (currently it has taken an extremely long time to progress through 3% and 29%) My question is how long would it take to indicate an issue? For example how long time must progress on a certain percentage before I could tell there's a problem, I've seen forum posts from 2 hours to 2 days and just wanted to confirm.

Solution
It depends on the "speed" of your laptop really. if it's something slow and cheap, it will take it a long time because installing windows is kind of data heavy, and moving files, deleting files, PRESERVING files (if you chose to keep your files) can take a long time.

Normally a Windows 10 install only takes around an hour.

James Mason

Honorable
Jan 2, 2014
It depends on the "speed" of your laptop really. if it's something slow and cheap, it will take it a long time because installing windows is kind of data heavy, and moving files, deleting files, PRESERVING files (if you chose to keep your files) can take a long time.

Normally a Windows 10 install only takes around an hour.

Solution