When using my laptop with a projector, should I be concerned about the amount of memory in the laptop?

mvalcin949

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
I am a new teacher and I have no training in the use of projectors for presentations.
I already have the projector & I'mean going to buy a laptop. I need to know whether I need a certain amount of memory ram in the laptop, or in general, what kind of laptop can be used with projectors? Thanks.

Solution
According to my experience buy a mid range laptop with Intel i5 + 4gig or more memory and mid performance processor, this will help in longer run when you feed you laptop with a lot many stuff.

HDMI the data transfer rate is very high and to process this we need mid range processor and if you are person who likes multi tasking on your laptop, then memory resources are going to drain, it is always better to go one step ahead.

Technically all laptops with 1gig memory should work well but technology is a relative term, today what is true might not be true tomorrow, better to play safe. Also check if the laptop has wifi direct know as WiDi, this can help your wireless stream presentation and stuff, if you your projector supports Widi and...

Blaise170

Honorable
Sep 12, 2013
Pretty much any laptop can be used with a projector. Memory is unnecessary for connecting a projector. Most modern laptops come with HDMI ports, so you will need an HDMI cable that can connect to the projector, but otherwise nothing else.

Sep 3, 2014
According to my experience buy a mid range laptop with Intel i5 + 4gig or more memory and mid performance processor, this will help in longer run when you feed you laptop with a lot many stuff.

HDMI the data transfer rate is very high and to process this we need mid range processor and if you are person who likes multi tasking on your laptop, then memory resources are going to drain, it is always better to go one step ahead.

Technically all laptops with 1gig memory should work well but technology is a relative term, today what is true might not be true tomorrow, better to play safe. Also check if the laptop has wifi direct know as WiDi, this can help your wireless stream presentation and stuff, if you your projector supports Widi and if doesn't then you don't have to spend much more to get widi supported laptop.

Solution