When you restore your MacBook Air and connect your iPhone, will the system erase your iPhones data or will it transfer to your

Caity_La

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
I recently had to back door my way into my own MacBook Air. And when I did I caused all my Keychains to become inactive and they constantly are needing my password for the computer. I've been dealing with this for the better part of a year now and I was looking into doing a system reset however, I wanted to know that when I wipe my computer clean and it becomes basically a new computer again. When I sync my phone to the "basically new computer" will it wipe my phone clean or will it prompt me to place the data from my phone onto the computer?

Mr_Limo

Commendable
May 5, 2016
It shouldn't wipe your phone, it should just ask you if you want to trust the phone/computer and then prompt to backup the phone. I only say shouldn't as mistakes happen, but it's not designed to do that.

Mr_Limo

Commendable
May 5, 2016
It shouldn't wipe your phone, it should just ask you if you want to trust the phone/computer and then prompt to backup the phone. I only say shouldn't as mistakes happen, but it's not designed to do that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S MacBooks 2
S MacBooks 3
N MacBooks 3
S MacBooks 0
S MacBooks 1
S MacBooks 2
A MacBooks 2
B MacBooks 1
A MacBooks 1
L MacBooks 1
K MacBooks 1