When you restore your MacBook Air and connect your iPhone, will the system erase your iPhones data or will it transfer to your

Caity_La

Commendable
Apr 25, 2016
I recently had to back door my way into my own MacBook Air. And when I did I caused all my Keychains to become inactive and they constantly are needing my password for the computer. I've been dealing with this for the better part of a year now and I was looking into doing a system reset however, I wanted to know that when I wipe my computer clean and it becomes basically a new computer again. When I sync my phone to the "basically new computer" will it wipe my phone clean or will it prompt me to place the data from my phone onto the computer?

Solution
It shouldn't wipe your phone, it should just ask you if you want to trust the phone/computer and then prompt to backup the phone. I only say shouldn't as mistakes happen, but it's not designed to do that.

Mr_Limo

Commendable
May 5, 2016
It shouldn't wipe your phone, it should just ask you if you want to trust the phone/computer and then prompt to backup the phone. I only say shouldn't as mistakes happen, but it's not designed to do that.

Solution