Whenever a new device connects to my home's wifi, my laptop decides to drop it's connection. Can anyone tell me what's causing

shadowedknight67

Prominent
Oct 28, 2017
On average, my house's wifi has 3 cellphones, 3 tablets, a desktop and a laptop connected to it. However when a new laptop, phone, tablet, etc. connects my laptop decides to kick the bucket and disconnect from the wifi. Can anyone help me?

Paul NZ

Admirable
Sep 15, 2014
Could be an ip conflict. Make sure none of them have the same ip address.

Change the ip address under the network settings on the tablets / cellphones. Select static ip. And give it an ip address

Or use the following ip address on the computers. Change the ip address to ip addresses within the range of the wireless modem you're using

Paul NZ

Admirable
Sep 15, 2014
Could be an ip conflict. Make sure none of them have the same ip address.

Change the ip address under the network settings on the tablets / cellphones. Select static ip. And give it an ip address

Or use the following ip address on the computers. Change the ip address to ip addresses within the range of the wireless modem you're using

Banned
BANNED
Oct 25, 2017
yes: check "before and after" IPs on both devices

you should say what OS your running, and what model laptop

also: is this WIFI built-in to an ISP modem or a WIFI hub you bought? can i be sure a store-bought wifi hub does not have some internal connections limit is an issue?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AverageWhiteGirl Laptop Tech Support 1
zensonize Laptop Tech Support 2
T Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 1
G Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 1