Where can I enable Wake on Lan in the aptio setup utility

Reimund

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Opening the Setup Utility I see no Topic powermanagement, which would allow Wake on LAN. The BIOS I have is 2.08

Solution
WOL will never work if hibernation is enabled. Go to c:\windows\system32 and right click on cmd.exe then select RunAs Administrator. At the Command Prompt, type
powercfg hibernate off
then hit the Enter key.

Restart and try to enable Wake onLAN.

Reimund

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Hello Saga, Thanks for your help. Unfortunately this solution only works with sleep mode, not in hibernation mode. On another PC I was able to solve the problem by enabling WOL in the BIOS. In the Aptio Utility I cannot find the pci power managment page. Any idea

Reimund

Commendable
May 6, 2016
Sorry, here my next try. I wrote before to your proposal, that your solution works on my Notebook if it is in sleep mode, but not if it is in Hibernation. I could solve this same Problem on another PC by activationg WOL in the BIOS. Within my Aptio Utility on this Notebook I cannot find a corresponding Option because there is no power Management page. Any Idea? Reimund

bratShone

Commendable
Apr 20, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Reimund : "Where can I enable Wake on Lan in the aptio setup utility"

maybe u should update ur bios, if there is one maybe new version have that option...

WOL will never work if hibernation is enabled. Go to c:\windows\system32 and right click on cmd.exe then select RunAs Administrator. At the Command Prompt, type
powercfg hibernate off
then hit the Enter key.

Restart and try to enable Wake onLAN.

Solution