Solved! Where do I get a SSD Caddy/Bracket for Asus M712D?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 29, 2020
I recently purchased an Asus M712D 17.3" laptop and I have a 1TB 2.5 SSD I'd like to install. However according to Asus I need to purchase said bracket 3rd party, which is fine except that I cannot find one anywhere. When I Google what I'm searching for I get plenty of results but none for my specific laptop. Those I find also indicate they won't work with any models not listed. Tried calling the local Best Buy, but after 20 min. on hold I gave up. I've checked Amazon, Newegg, no luck. Searched this forum for my laptop model but didn't find anything either.
So here's my hope: That someone on this forum knows where to purchase what I'm looking for.
I appreciate the help!

Solution
That's the idea I got from looking on Crucials site as well. However, I already have a SSD and had hoped to not have to purchase another. Otherwise good plan.

Use the one you have with a USB enclosure for backups, or sell it, if you want to use it in the laptop but can't find the adapter you need it's a bit useless anyway.
Nov 29, 2020
That's the idea I got from looking on Crucials site as well. However, I already have a SSD and had hoped to not have to purchase another. Otherwise good plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.