Question Where does Google save edited photos?

Apr 1, 2023
I sent some photos to my own email address so I could open them on my phone and take advantage of the new Google Photo editing features. After I completed the edits, I hit the "save" button, but where did the edited version get saved? They are not in my Google Photos as far as I can tell.

Apr 1, 2023
Thank you for the suggestion. I hadn't found that place to look, but, unfortunately, only some versions of one of the photos I edited ended up in that location. The other photos and the final version I saved of that one are not there.
Any other suggestions of where to look?

Apr 1, 2023
check the trash folder if you accidentally deleted the edited photos ,they may be in your
"trash folder".
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think I deleted them. I did save them. But now I feel very simple. I do not know, nor can I find, where the "trash folder" is on my phone. Where should I look for it? I have no icon on my desktop, nor in with all my apps, nor in the list of folder in the File Manager, nor in the drop-down menus, nor in with the Settings (that I can see, anyway). Is it deeply buried in a folder somewhere or am I missing the obvious?

Reactions: Kumar kachhi
Apr 1, 2023
Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think I deleted them. I did save them. But now I feel very simple. I do not know, nor can I find, where the "trash folder" is on my phone. Where should I look for it? I have no icon on my desktop, nor in with all my apps, nor in the list of folder in the File Manager, nor in the drop-down menus, nor in with the Settings (that I can see, anyway). Is it deeply buried in a folder somewhere or am I missing the obvious?
Oh my goodness...is it the trash folder in Google Photos you meant? I was looking for one on my phone. If it was the Google one, then no, the photos I'm looking for are not there.

Reactions: Kumar kachhi