Where is Amazon Prime?

ritagoldberg

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
I have a model ES8000 purchased several years ago and have enjoyed access to Amazon Prime. However, now that I have returned from being out of the country for several months I find that I am no longer able to access Amazon Prime. Is this a defect or simply and unfortunately a change in what is available through Samsung? If so, it's a real disappointment. I have updated the firmware, but it didn't help. I have also tried accessing Prime through the Web browser in the hub. However, Amazon says that the current browser will not work and that it's necessary to use Chrome. This is not terribly helpful because Chrome is not available through the hub. Is there a solution to this problem?

Solution
The problem is now solved, but I doubt that anyone in this forum will run into the same issue. After spending an hour in a chat session with Samsung, where they tried several things but couldn't help, I spent another hour and a hald in a session with Amazon. This time the problem was solved, but not until the Amazon person had consulted many times with someone more expert. It turns out that the settings for my Amazon Prime account in Spain, where I spend about half the year and have a Samsung TV were functioning on my Samsung TV in the US instead of the settings for my US TV. The Amazon person changed this and all is well, except that I'll have to contact Samsung each time I travel. They are going to look into finding a permanent...

ritagoldberg

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014

ritagoldberg

Estimable
Sep 21, 2014
The problem is now solved, but I doubt that anyone in this forum will run into the same issue. After spending an hour in a chat session with Samsung, where they tried several things but couldn't help, I spent another hour and a hald in a session with Amazon. This time the problem was solved, but not until the Amazon person had consulted many times with someone more expert. It turns out that the settings for my Amazon Prime account in Spain, where I spend about half the year and have a Samsung TV were functioning on my Samsung TV in the US instead of the settings for my US TV. The Amazon person changed this and all is well, except that I'll have to contact Samsung each time I travel. They are going to look into finding a permanent solution, but I'm not holding my breath.

Solution