Which 2 in 1 Gaming Laptop is best under $1000?

rokyslash

Commendable
May 16, 2016
First of all, hello everyone. I am new to this forum, I have read a lot of topics from here without signing up, but have never asked a question before.

Anyway I am planning to buy a Laptop and my budget is $1000 and maybe a couple of 100 bucks above. I am not much of a hardcore gamer, but I am planning to get into gaming and the only thing that stopped me for so many years was my crappy pentium processor computer. So with that said, I am not sure if I would like gaming or not eventually and I just want to get into gaming. Another reason as to why I want a powerful machine is for my graphics work. I do a little 3d modeling from blender, cinema 4d etc and having a high ram and a dedicated gpu works better(At least from what I have heard). These are the only reasons why I want a hardcore machine.

On the other hand, I am also looking for a convertible if possible. Since I am not into gaming and I may not get into gaming (depending on whether I like it or not), I was thinking of going for a convertible(at least 15.6 inch). So what do you guys suggest?

These are the specs that I was looking for.
HDD : 1TB
RAM : 8 or 16GB
Processor : i7
GPU : I am guessing at least 940M + or 960M +
Screen Size : 15.6

So could you guys recommend if I should go for a pure gaming laptop and try to get more "computer" juice for my money or get a convertible by trading of a little bit of machine power for my money?

Thanks

P.S I was looking at these laptops, what do you guys think about these?

"Asus Q553UB-BS17T13 or
Asus Vivobook Flipbook TP501UB"
Asus ROG GL552 VW-DH71
Lenovo Y50
Lenovo Y700
Acer Aspire E15 E5-574G-52U
Acer Aspire V15 Nitro
MSI GE62 Apache Pro-004
Dell Inspiron 7559

tate56

Commendable
May 13, 2016
Laptops can be total ripoffs. I'm not saying all, but when the gpu is attached to the motherboard, markups are more common because there's little competition. If you were willing to sacrifice a bit, I'd recommend building your own Mini-ITX PC. It would be more powerful per dollar, and you might even save money. Hope that helps!

rokyslash

Commendable
May 16, 2016

Yeah that was the only laptop that I could find that had good specs for my money. It's a model name in Europe, but in US it's called Asus q553ub, which was released sometime in march 2016 and there are about 2-3 youtube reviews on it. But apart from that, do you know any other good laptops that are 2 in 1 and are good for gaming and are hardcore in specs? or haven't laptops reached that stage yet where they can be powerful and convertibles at the same time?

Thanks

rokyslash

Commendable
May 16, 2016

But I need a laptop only. I don't have the luxury of having a PC right now. I am a college student and I don't live at a home, so a laptop is my only choice. PC is totally out of my present day life right now. So do you have any recommendations for a laptop?

Thanks

xinhe2015

Prominent
Feb 16, 2017
To be honest, I do not recommend the laptop using 960 graphics card. Because 960 relative to the 860 upgrade is not big, the 960M graphics is the 860M in essence and is identical to the 860M in architecture, Memory interface, Maximum Bandwidth and etc.
I recommend MSI GE62 Pro because it uses a graphics card that is 970 and the graphics card rank is:GeForce GTX 970M > GeForce GTX 1050 > GeForce GTX 960M.
For detailed description u can see this evaluation:
http://pc4u.org/best-gaming-laptops-under-1000-dollars/
which said that GTX1050M is the best GPU of laptops under $1000,and MSI GE62 Pro's graphics card is GTX970. Maybe you will know how to choose.

Personally I would not recommend a 2 in 1 for gaming mainly due to their cooling. If you are not sure if you want to play games, get a laptop with a decent gpu like a 1050 or 1050ti if they are in budget and play some games. The alternative is to get a console and put it in your dorm if you have space and get a good graphics laptop