Question Which audio cable?

Jan 25, 2020
Hi sorry I'm a complete amateur with these things! I've recently taken over a room which has speakers in the roof. However, I do not currently have any cable to go into a socket in the wall to connect to something like my laptop. I'm assuming that I have to connect a cable into the red and black sockets and that the cable has to have a headphone jack at the other end to connect to my laptop... but I've no idea which cable I need to buy for this?

I'd really appreciate any help with this - thank you so much in advance :)
Ally

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R2d5pk-MrWEFnUvXL6EfQvnLcMBdocsm/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1R2GGLk4aCSMCf30aDmefxljORYCJRsDd/view

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MiketheDilletante Audio 0
G Audio 1
1 Audio 0
J Audio 1
N8 loco Audio 1
D Audio 4
W Audio 3
tniemeyerx Audio 1
RetroCode Audio 0
O Audio 2
Z Audio 1
dudunnpesto Audio 1
Not_techy Audio 1
atesba Audio 5
tophatclay Audio 0
M Audio 1
C Audio 3
M Audio 2
Tg123456$&@ Audio 3
K Audio 1
Similar threads
Question Edifier R1280DB won’t play audio from Apple TV through optical cable
Solved! (SOLVED)Spdif digital audio cable(3.5mm trrs phono plug to coaxial connector)) question
Question AUX Splitter decreases mic quality
Solved! Static noise in audio extension cable input
Solved! Where wound I plug audio source cable to the Marantz sr4320 resever & where wound the RCA jack white /red from the tv where wound I plug in my reseve
Question Long hdmi cable for audio
Solved! What happens if I connect RCA of a sterio speaker (3.5mm male to be used for line out)to line in of CPU ? Does it cause any harm to my speaker?
Solved! Using Earphones as a Mic (URGENT)
Question Audio Splitter Not Working
Solved! What connection, category of cable is preferable, and efficient from my DAC to AV Receiver?
Question No 5.1 sound Win10, splitter hdmi2.2 IN/passthrough/optical+hdmi2.2 OUT, 4k 60Hz uhd projector, dolby atmos soundbar
Question 1 RCA to 1 3.5mm Jack?
Solved! Vizio sound bar stopped recognizing digital optic cable
Solved! Apple Headphone's mic not working with PC.
Question Razer Kraken Pro V1 and V2 audio splitter cable compatibility
Solved! Creative T15 Wireless playing sound only from left speaker when using aux
Solved! Is it safe to use 3.5mm audio splitter for input and output?
Question How to use noise reduction program with real-time voice changer program.
Solved! Can't get sound from my tv to speaker system via 3.5mm audio cable.
Solved! Headset with mic and audio together with computer with audio and headphone jacks

ASK THE COMMUNITY