Which brand would you go with?

clyattw

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2006
I am about to order a 17" Core 2 Duo T7600 but I cannot decide on Sager, Hypersonic or Killer Notenooks. I believe the hardware will all be basically the same so it comes down to where would I get the best customer service. Anyone got any comments that might help me decide?

miro_refero

Distinguished
Jul 12, 2006
I got an executioner from killer notebooks and have had it for almost a month. Im very happy with the machine and the service i got before and after the sale.

I had a hardware issue and emailed mark (the owner) on a friday night around 8pm and got a email response in about 20 minutes. I dont know of any other company that offers that king of service. Ive had no personal experiences with hypersonic or sager.

km

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2004
I bought a Killer Notebook Wakizachi in July, and I would highly recommend them for customer service and a quality product. If customer service is the deciding factor, it's Killer Noteboks, no doubt.

Wang3103

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2006
I'd definitely go with Killernotebooks. I bought an Assassin in July and have been overwhelmingly satisfied with it. Anytime I had issues related to my notebook(which are very few) I would fire off an email to Mark and get a reply within a day. I've never bought from Hypersonic or Sager and I'm sure that their tech support is adequate but with Killernotebooks you get the personal touch.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Sgt. what's up?
I think after reading how cool I am in your post that I forgot to send the game updates you intrusted me with!
I will ge those to you this weekend.

What's the weather like over there? I had a guy ask about a system if it would overheat and I said, "Well probably where you are." He told me you guys are getting spoiled now because it is only gettin' to be 100 during the day instead of 120.

stay safe

p.s. I like the name. You probably won't remember a game called Shadow Warrior, but the main characters name was Wang... Yea, I was gaming on DOS games you young punks... do you even know what that was?
Swlogo3.gif

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
I am about to order a 17" Core 2 Duo T7600 but I cannot decide on Sager, Hypersonic or Killer Notenooks. I believe the hardware will all be basically the same so it comes down to where would I get the best customer service. Anyone got any comments that might help me decide?
Hheh, bring on the flames.. Now everyone here has recommended Killer notebooks.. Heck I would too if i owned one. Coming here and asking to choose between those three is a loaded question. Read some of the other flames around here and you'll know what answer you'd recieve. Killer and I have had our disagreements, so I hope he'll understand shopping around should PROVE he has the better deal? But why don't you take a look for yourself at other resellers and see if it fits you what you want. Here's a few who resell sager and offer good service also.
ProPortable, for asus
Gentech PC for various, asus compal sager
Power Notebooks for Asus Compal(quanta) MSI and Sager(Clevo)
XoticPC for Asus Compal(Quanata) and Sager(Clevo)
Killernotebooks for Asus Compal and Clevo(sager)

Oh, and just incase you want to talk to the resllers, or check out their this and thats, go here
Notebook Review
Notebook Forums
and for kicks, check out Anandtech.com and HardOCP.. so many to choose from.
And check out some reviews.. this is a 17" Sager 5760(Clevo)which is called the Executioner by K|N
Asus also offers 17 inch books if size is the only concern.. the Sager 5750 has a go7600 instead

And finally.. I wouldn't buy from either 3
Sagernotebooks.com has horrible reseller ratings.. Hypersonic is overpriced.. and K|N has nil feedback besides the cult you'll find on TH mobile section. The best of the three.. still K|N, but it's up to you

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
ROFL ~ he just can't help himself.
First, These are NOT Sager systems, but you keep saying that, and I keep correcting you.
Bro, if you're going to write posts to educate people, you need to have the right information.
If you want to write posts that are corporate cheese, then you can write whatever you want.

ASUS built the last generation of MacBook's for Apple.
If I sold an ASUS at that time, was I selling an Apple?

Sagernotebooks.com has horrible reseller ratings.
Ok, Jimmy, that's the direct quote from your post.
So why do you keep trying to associate me with Sager?
I DO NOT SELL SAGER's.
PERIOD.
Sager is going to pull you off this little crusade man, because it's back-firing.
The more times you write "Sager" and "Killer Notebooks", the more people looking for Sagers, find K|N and save themselves from just what you wrote above.

If you understood the relationship between these guys you keep touting as "alternatives", and Sager, you wouldn't even be considering ringing the bell for them. If you want to buy a locomotive, do you buy it from the conductor, or do you go to General Electric?

I am not going to go into it, for the sake of a "cease-fire", but you could probably do your own research and figure it out in one afternoon.
Before going to do your research you may want to watch the sceen in the Wizard of OZ when Dorthy met the wizard for the second time.

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
heya, glad you got a good laugh! I get it.. heck i got it a long time ago.. clevo is the ODM, sager is the reseller.. and ya. asus built macbook.. But i'm not trying to educate anyone from head to toe.. Just offer an impartial view.. can you do that?

The fact is most of these resellers apparently buy direct from sager.. and thus they list the sager model numbers. Why would i want to confuse someone about the models by saying it's really a clevo. They're the same thing. They can do their own research. And by the way.. I did list yours as Clevo since you've made it clear who you buy from. Where it's bought from doesn't matter, Price after purchase does.

If you really care to keep bringing it up though, please email all the resellers and tell them to change their listing reference to Clevo.. I can't change it for them..

XOTICPC

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Sager resellers have stellar reviews on resellerratings, which is the best channel to purchase a Clevo/Sager based Notebook and will provide superior personal service. Check any of them out there. :) Power Notebooks, Discount Laptops, Xotic etc..

Regardless, anyone looking for a Clevo will see Sager has each option in these highly capable machines in stock and at very attractive prices. There wont be any inflated prices with a Sager/Clevo based notebook. Sager is the #1 Clevo distributor WORLDWIDE.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Why would i want to confuse someone about the models by saying it's really a clevo. They're the same thing.
Ok Jimmy, they are not the same thing.
CLEVO DOES NOT make a notebook.
Clevo is an ODM they make a chassis.
SAGER is NOT an ODM, SAGER is a distributor or RESELLER or system builder, whatever you want to call it.

I DO NOT GET MY SYSTEMS FROM SAGER!

Where it's bought from doesn't matter, Price after purchase does.
Yea, actually it does matter.
Is McDonalds the same as the burgers you make at home?
The 93/7 ground sirloin on the grill with the fresh thick cut tomatos, lettuce, Clausen pickles and all the right amounts of condiments YOU like vs. the soybean enhanced pre-processed patty fried and made by some kid makin' mini-wage?
...please email all the resellers and tell them to change their listing reference to Clevo.. I can't change it for them..
Ok, why would resellers change it to a Clevo, when Clevo doesn't make a computer? It's like saying the concrete company that poured your foundation "built your house" - No, the HOME BUILDER did right? The only distributor calling Sager's SAGER is SAGER and their DISTRIBUTORS.

Dude, figure out what you're talking about ok, because right now, you don't. Why don't you call Alienware Uniwill or Arima then?

... Get your notebook from the largest distributor in the world (according to Xotic PC), and and be one of thousands of systems sold a month (according to Xotic PC)...
Get your eye surgery done for $99 an eye while you're at it.

jimytheassassin

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2006
HAHA .. you're a funny boy. You can twist it around any way you like.. nothing I said was wrong. So your points are not points at all. By the way.. Toms should charge you for the waste of bandwidth you're causing. Maybe you should make some helpful comments and stop trying to smear me, cause it aint workin too good for you

Forkey

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2006
Wait a minute - Smear you? - What benefit would smearing you have if your just some guy posting on a forum?
Even though your not trying to educate anyone from head to toe - i think my toe might be learing you love Sager.
cc9f4718bccdb0dfee99d4df1f5f01ab.jpg
The ultimate Forkey.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
Ok it's pretty evident that these 2 are just dogging me.
Until the moderator steps in and sees that this is simple flaming and their posts are orchestrated for NO OTHER purpose then to cause problems, I will AGAIN try to clarify this and defend Killer Notebooks.

Systems that you get from Killer Notebooks ARE NOT made by anyone but Killer Notebooks!
WE BUILD THE SYSTEMS. PERIOD.

:arrow: We get the components
:arrow: We assemble the systems
:arrow: We install the O.S. and customize it for you
:arrow: We install the OEM software
:arrow: We update all drivers
:arrow: We update all Windows components
:arrow: We do the hardware customization and warranty it
:arrow: We do all the software tweaks
:arrow: We test the systems
:arrow: We warranty the systems
:arrow: We tech support the systems
:arrow: We customize the systems
:arrow: We configure RAID installs
:arrow: We PAY if you need to send the system back for warranty return
:arrow: We cover the system from dead pixels
:arrow: We apply the AS5, and other cooling mods that ONLY we do.
:arrow: We are out in the trenches every day doing the stuff and gaining experience.

XOTICPC

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Were not attacking you, I simply want you to come clean and stop trying to confuse people about the notebooks....You get the Clevo barebones from ProStar, Sagers sister company & put a considerable mark up on it. You may customize, warranty etc.. as you have laid out above and that has never been debated by any of us.

killernotebooks

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2006
I need to come clean?
Ok, you're right.
"I get chassis delievered to me and I build them into notebooks."
Whew, that's a relief. That's like a huge weight off my chest.

I think everyone here knew that already.

For anyone here that thought I was digging and refining the silicon and pressing the boards and fabricating my own chassis with a moulding machine and I have my own Killer Notebooks motherboard I made from like old cans and stuff... I'm sorry I deceived you.

... Get your notebook from the largest distributor in the world (according to Xotic PC), and and be one of thousands of systems sold a month (according to Xotic PC)...
Get your eye surgery done for $99 an eye while you're at it.