Question Which camera should I choose between these two?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick_S

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2010
Hello, You are asking a question that can't be answered that easily. It's similar to asking if a compact car is better than an SUV? I'm not saying that one is a compact and the other an SUV, but it's the same type of question. It depends on what brand of gear, including lenses and filters that you already have, and if you will be shooting more of a certain type of photography, such as night shots, or not. Also, keep in mind that the photographer is the key factor, not the equipment. Do you currently have any gear in with either lens mount, Nikon or Canon? Do you have filters that may fit one of the lenses, but not the other? And what will you use it for? You might want to check out kenrockwell.com, as well. His advice is excellent, and he works with the different brands. Good luck!

Aug 5, 2019
I'd choose Nikon-d7100 between the two. It's good for both photographing and filming. There's a nice headphone out to complement the microphone input, plus a stereo rather than mono built-in microphone too. There's also a new button marked here, which gives you quick access to an extra ten functions via the screen, such as HDR shooting, colour presets, the strength of noise reduction and the option to customise the two buttons on the front of the camera which a good thing while capturing pics.

codyteddy

Prominent
Aug 12, 2018
Both are great cameras. Many nice lenses, weather-sealed... however, if you're going to take videos often, the 70D is slightly better. You'll probably have to provide us with more info on how you plan to use it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.