Which company is best to order a laptop from?

kirbynmore

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
Which custom laptop company has the best customer service and the best quality of laptops. I've looked into Dell.ca, ibuypower.com, xoticpc.com and avadirect.com. They all seem decent, but i've seen mixed reviews. I want a company that will be able to make a solid gaming system for a decent price, and I want good customer service, because we all know most custom pc's have some issues. Thanks before hand :)

Enginerd

Distinguished
Feb 16, 2008
go to xoticpc.com. Especially if you go with a sager. Sagers are high quality computers. They have good customer service. And your reseller (xoticpc) will work for you to communicate with sager if you are having issues. I am actually purchasing a Sager 5797 and would be getting it through xoticpc if they had accidental damage protection warranties for sale. Therefore I am going through torquepc.com.

frozenlead

Distinguished

By this genius paradox, you shouldn't listen to him.

Anyway, I (along with pretty much everyone else on this forum) will agree that any Clevo-built computer (Sagers are rebranded Clevos) are pretty much the best-built and highest performing notebooks in the world.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008

Hey do you have a problem with me, I have been around this forum for 5 years and let me tell you something you Genius Paradox i dont appreciate you leaving comments like that.There is nothing wrong with ACER notebooks , acutally that make some really good ones if you buy their higher end models.Its not always the best that makes great products.

No he doesn't have a problem. It's just the way you posted what you did. Give us some more info on why you like your Acer. Is it the build quality? The support? The components? Give us something to go on, you know?

frozenlead

Distinguished
I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, I was just saying that by the logic of you telling someone not to listen to anyone else, you kind of defeat the point of posting this question on a forum, where multiple opinions are valued over a single one.

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with Acer, either. They're a value brand, and their notebooks are not engineered to the quality of other brands. They work flawlessly when you treat them nicely (and get a good model). I just feel that, in my experience of repairing machines, they're more problematic than other brands and are built more cheaply.

inspector71

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2008
I appoligize for not giving more info on why i like them. Well i have had mine almost 3 years and i have had no problems, so i guess thats a good enough reason for me to like them and back them up.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
Buy HP if ur budget is low, they have good computers for a very good price, you can get a laptop that has a quad core and good graphics for around 1400, but if your budget is more flexible definately go with the clevos, and sagers.