Which DSLR is best among 1300D canon and 700D canon ?

Venkat_Krish

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016
I want to buy my first camera. I worked with a 1100D canon, and I make both still photography and short films. So what will be the best camera for me to buy?. My options so far are between these two - 1300d and 700d ..

Solution
I would not recommend either camera particularly for your stated goals of both stills and video. But between the two I would recommend the 1300 because Canon has recently been making some strides in catching up to everyone else in sensor capabilities and the 1300d is just announced and so will hopefully have the same sort of sensor capabilities as the 80d.

bjornl

Estimable
I would not recommend either camera particularly for your stated goals of both stills and video. But between the two I would recommend the 1300 because Canon has recently been making some strides in catching up to everyone else in sensor capabilities and the 1300d is just announced and so will hopefully have the same sort of sensor capabilities as the 80d.

Solution

Venkat_Krish

Commendable
Jun 5, 2016

Thank.. But then what will be the best camera to buy on my case .. ? other that these two

bjornl

Estimable

I would suggest you also look at mirrorless cameras. The reason is that most Canon camera's focus very slow in in video.
If you want to shoot video's longer than 30 minutes, with Canon you have to start and stop and merge several videos in post-processing. Many do this with good results, but it is an extra step.
If you do not need longer than 30 minute videos, I would suggest you also consider the Sony a6300 and the Panasonic g7.
If you want longer videos your only choice is the Panasonic GH series. The gh3 is great, the gh4 adds 4k video if you care about that.
If you only shoot occasional video or you don't mind slower video focus speed I would suggest the Nikon d5500 as it has a more capable sensor and so with the same quality lens and the same level of skill it will take better images (better color detail, less ISO noise, better dynamic range).

The Canon's you have selected do not suck. They sell well. They have lots of fan's. So don't be afraid to buy them based on some opinion on the internet.

Read some reviews (like on dpreview.com) and compare the sensor capabilities (dxomark.com) and if you can, hold them so you can compare their ergonomics with your own hands instead of others opinions.