Which Gaming headset is the best ?

Shawky101

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
I'm looking for a new gaming Headsets , I read a lot of reviews and want to know which of these headset are the best according to audio quality and built "I'm not in need of mic as I don't go online " :
1- Corsair void pro USB with 7.1 surround for 60 $
2- Hyperx cloud stinger for 50$
3- Logitech 430 for 45$
4- JVC HA700

Thanks in advance

Solution
In my opinion (I have tried a few) the one I LOVE is the asus Strix 7.1 "https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/STRIX_71/" as its GREAT! only wish it came with a stand for it.

It is a little on the pricey side though. (it connects with USB).

they do have a newer version thats like double the cost that has a stand now. The asus rog centurion 7.1 but too much money id say from what I looked at.. it may be better then the one I have BUT wow the cost is up there.

Having TRUE 7.1 sound is wonderful for First person shooters. I have tried some others but could not get the real feel of knowing if someone is above you or below you,, or beside you and such.. I have tried a few other 5.1 and 7.1 headsets (true and virtual) and the Asus...

Lutfij

Splendid
Are you aiming to connect the headset via the analog ports on your soundcard? If so then the USB headsets will negate that path and all audio processing will take place on the USB(sound card).

Out of the one's listed and not taking into account the USB driven headset, I'd choose the JVC unit if listening to audio is your one and only goal.

Doctor Rob

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2008
In my opinion (I have tried a few) the one I LOVE is the asus Strix 7.1 "https://www.asus.com/us/Headphones-Headsets/STRIX_71/" as its GREAT! only wish it came with a stand for it.

It is a little on the pricey side though. (it connects with USB).

they do have a newer version thats like double the cost that has a stand now. The asus rog centurion 7.1 but too much money id say from what I looked at.. it may be better then the one I have BUT wow the cost is up there.

Having TRUE 7.1 sound is wonderful for First person shooters. I have tried some others but could not get the real feel of knowing if someone is above you or below you,, or beside you and such.. I have tried a few other 5.1 and 7.1 headsets (true and virtual) and the Asus one is by far my fav. Just remember it is a little big BUT I find it very comfortable and I ware glasses as well.

IF you are not looking for gaming then you can go with a cheaper alterntive for sure. but if you want to be the best you can be (for finding where someone is hiding) that would be the one.

Solution

Shawky101

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

My goal is listening to gaming audio and having a good sound experience while gaming ..
does connecting the headset via USB makes it better or worse cuz I don't understand the USB thing you just mentioned ?

Shawky101

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016

My goal is listening to gaming audio and having a good sound experience while gaming ..
but I'm strict to a budget of 60$ so which one of the above would you recommend for gaming ?