Which is much better? A laptop with Intel Core i5: HD 4600 or AMD A8-7100

mig22

Estimable
Oct 29, 2014
Hi! Im trying to find a good laptop that can let me do everyday task and can also play good racing games and platform games...
Here are the spec:
CPU: Intel Core i5
iGPU: HD 4600
Dedicated GPU: None
Ram/HDD: 4GB DDR3/500 GB
the other
CPU: AMD A8-7100
iGPU: AMD Radeon R5 7100
Dedicated GPU: AMD R7 M265
RAM/HDD: 4 GB DDR3/500 GB
Th Intel laptop is price $585 while the AMD is $655
Thanks in advance...

Solution
The AMD isn't as powerful as the i5 in terms of general computing and multitasking, but from what you say, the AMD computer has a discrete GPU, which is going to run significantly faster than Intel's integrated graphics solution. Basically, it's a trade-off between graphics and general computing. Also, the Intel machine's OS is labelled as DOS. If that's not a mislabel, then you'd have to shell out $80 for an OS like Windows; probably best to check that out with the manufacturer/retailer.

Ace6422

Estimable
Oct 27, 2014
The AMD isn't as powerful as the i5 in terms of general computing and multitasking, but from what you say, the AMD computer has a discrete GPU, which is going to run significantly faster than Intel's integrated graphics solution. Basically, it's a trade-off between graphics and general computing. Also, the Intel machine's OS is labelled as DOS. If that's not a mislabel, then you'd have to shell out $80 for an OS like Windows; probably best to check that out with the manufacturer/retailer.

Solution