Which laptop would be better for the price I'm paying and what should i expect to be getting?

IAmAndy

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016
Black friday is coming up and sadly my old laptop i had gotten about 3-4 years ago no longer works.

Anyways i wanted to see which of these laptops would be decent for running simple games such as League of legends or few steam games such as CSGO i don't bother with quality and graphics too much and often reduce them to gain a few more FPS so what I'm really looking for is which of these would give me the most fps.

HP - 15.6" Laptop - AMD A6-Series - 4GB Memory - 500GB Hard Drive - Black price : $170 US.
AMD A6-7310 accelerated processor
AMD Radeon R4
or
Dell - Inspiron 15.6" Laptop - Intel Core i3 - 6GB Memory - 1TB Hard Drive - Black price : $250 US.
5th Gen Intel® Core™ i3-5005U mobile processor
Intel® HD Graphics 5500

So wondering what would be better to get and if anyone knows an estimate of how much frames i would get in the games i mentioned earlier for both laptops? thank you!

Solution
The A6-7310 APU is pretty weak compared to Intel CPUs. Assuming all 4 cores are being used it should be almost equal to an Intel Core i3 CPU. However, most games do not use more than 2 cores. Therefore, the performance is definitely less than an intel Core i3.

As I mentioned above the Radeon R4 is a pretty weak graphics core. Click the following link to see some benchmarks for the Intel HD 5500, Intel HD 4000 and the Radeon R4. Note that Notebookcheck typicially use laptops with Core i5 / i7 CPUs not Core i3 CPUs. In games that are CPU dependent, a Core i3 with an Intel HD 4000 / Inte; HD 5500 graphics core will provide lower results. Most games are not very dependent on the CPU.

http://tinyurl.com/jgp2b3f

By far the Dell Inspiron with the 5th generation Core i3-5005u and Intel HD 5500 graphics core. The Radeon R4 (Beema) graphics core is less powerful than the Intel HD 4000 graphics core in 3rd generation Intel CPUs.

I assume you are referring to the one from BestBuy's Black Friday preview ad.

IAmAndy

Commendable
Nov 16, 2016

Yeah its from the black friday doorbuster I'm always waiting in the front past 2 years so going again haha.

Would you happen to know how much of a difference it would be? i was looking up the i3 vs amd a6 and the amd seemed better but didn't know much about the other stuff.

The A6-7310 APU is pretty weak compared to Intel CPUs. Assuming all 4 cores are being used it should be almost equal to an Intel Core i3 CPU. However, most games do not use more than 2 cores. Therefore, the performance is definitely less than an intel Core i3.

As I mentioned above the Radeon R4 is a pretty weak graphics core. Click the following link to see some benchmarks for the Intel HD 5500, Intel HD 4000 and the Radeon R4. Note that Notebookcheck typicially use laptops with Core i5 / i7 CPUs not Core i3 CPUs. In games that are CPU dependent, a Core i3 with an Intel HD 4000 / Inte; HD 5500 graphics core will provide lower results. Most games are not very dependent on the CPU.

http://tinyurl.com/jgp2b3f

Solution