Which laptop...?

Close Enough

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
I'll be starting school soon and I am in need of a laptop. I have been looking at two different ones:

ASUS G Series G50VT-X6

ASUS N80 Series N80Vn-X5

When I went to look back at the N80, I found Newegg had discontinued the product so can somebody suggest a laptop that is similar to these criteria?

-Good sound card/quality
-Decent size screen that is easy to view even in direct sunlight
-Decent battery life
-Good video card for games
-Keyboard that has similar feel to desktop keyboard

I'm more of a desktop person and I'm kind of clueless about laptops so any opinions are appreciated.

I like the G50VT, but it seems to have a short battery life - an average of about 4 hours. Should I go with the G50 or can someone recommend a better laptop that fits those criteria?

Close Enough

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Yes, I realize that current laptops cannot have good sound cards but at least a decent sounding laptop is fine. I also realize there is a trade off with battery life and gaming but that's just something that must be accepted. The only difference I find between the ASUS G50 and the MSI GX was video card, processor & processor speed, and screen resolution (wsxga+ vs. wxga). So if there isn't anymore possible suggestions, which laptop is preferable?

As a side question: which display type is preferable as well? I know the difference between wxga and wsxga+ but I have no clue about the perks of each.

Close Enough

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Yup thanks man. I've decided on that ASUS. I've read a lot of reviews on it and there are too many advantages it has over the MSI. Thanks for your help!